Anniversay Ideas! | FerrariChat

Anniversay Ideas!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by car-ographer, Oct 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. car-ographer

car-ographer Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    homeless in LA :-(
    Full Name:
    Jessica G.
    Hey guys:)

My boyfriend and I will be going out for 3 years on October 9th. We are having a hard time figuring out what to do!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Here is the situation:

-Going out to dinner is too boring and conventional....plus we have been homeless for the past 3 weeks while looking for an apartment...so we have been eating out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner......we are sick of it.

-We want to do something REALLY fun....but money is an issue right now. We both just graduated....have new jobs, and just got an apartment the other day....so probably $100 max each.

-We both are obsessed with cars....so anything that has to do with cars we will enjoy-we really want to go to racing school-but again-$$$$$....so then we thought about the karting school at Adams kart track....but thats almost $200 each....any other suggestions?

Any cool places to visit in SoCal??? I might have to work...in which case we are thinking we can take an SUV camping so I can work at the same time (I am a photographer for an automotive magazine) but if not-we need other suggestions!!!

Thanks so much for ANY help!!!

-Jess

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    BJ. Never Fails. :D

Guys are simple, don't over think it.

3. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    LOL LOL LOL LOL good one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I'll give you both two axes, and you can try to break a hole into lamour's boat's hull. Think of it as a couple's bonding experience.

5. car-ographer

car-ographer Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jessica G.
    LOL...I was going for some less obvious suggestions

a BJ is a given-isn't it??

Any other suggestions? Not having to do with the obvious;)

6. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I'm glad you can take a joke! :D

But in all seriousness, traditionally, it's the guys job to come up with a romantic surprise for you... and romance doesn't require lots of money to be spent. Maybe you guys just cook a nice dinner together under candlelight, or get a bunch of fresh oysters and sit on the beach with a bottle of champagne. My girlfriend and I do cool things together all the time, but really what we enjoy the most is just simply spending time with each other. :)

7. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You can't beat Emma Wood and Faria State beaches in Ventura for camping. Just crash in the SUV with the tailgate open towards the water and sleep (or not ;)) with the roar of the ocean waves in your ears. I think it's $20 & $27 per night at the beaches.:)

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Ditto Jess, maybe you need to find a more creative bf.

Not trying to be pugilistic, but usually it is the man's roll to woo the woman he cares about.

Being a photographer, you obviously are very creative; find yourself a man that is too!

9. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    hmmm get married ? :D

10. car-ographer

car-ographer Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jessica G.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ha ha....no way-lol...not for a loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time!!^^^^^^^^

Anyway....thanks for the suggestions so far...they are all really great and sound like a fun time!

As for the other comments.....I don't think it should be the guys "job" to come up with stuff and 'woo' me....we are in this together, and we are trying to come up with something to do that would be fun together...we are just having a hard time thinking of things:(

Anyway....some great suggestions so far, keep them coming!!

Thanks to all who have answered and who will answer:)

11. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    It's fall. Go to a park, take a walk, and talk. simple.

12. car-ographer

car-ographer Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jessica G.
    Los Angeles??

13. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Been there, done that, reaped many rewards.