430 Scuderia.... Spider? | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia.... Spider?

Discussion in '360/430' started by TheBigEasy, Sep 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I know that Ferrari would never make a production 430 Scuderia Spider... but how hard do you think it would be to get them to build a one-off? Surely it wouldn't be difficult for them at all to do, they wouldn't need to create anything new, just combine the right pieces on the assembly line. I wonder how good of a customer you'd have to be, and what they'd charge? :confused:

2. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't think the factory would do it for you unless your last name was Todt, di Montezemolo, etc.

A place called Meridian in Southern California did a convertion for the 360 Spider. It had CS front/rear bumbers, skirts, mirrors, wheels, grills, seats, stripe, engine cover and bootlid. I never knew how they got the bootlid, the rest are just spare CS parts but I think the bootlid rear lip may have been custom.

Don't know what they did with the engine, if anything.

Pictures here.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95772&highlight=pizza

3. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    I dont know if its the angle of that particular picture (it does look higher than stock) but I dont think the rear lip on the engine lid has been raised. The spyder has a taller lip than the modena. I did call to inquire with meridian about doing it to a modena and they said it could easily be done with some metal work. As far as the famous CS spider in front of HOP, I think its just a stock lid with CF vent frames.

-Peter

4. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    WHY???? IMO that would be a very undesirable car. Spiders are for boulevard cruising not the track

5. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I wouldn't be surprised if they made a Spider version. One could argue that a spider version of *any* sports car is counter to the sports-car ethos, but the fact remains that they remain very popular with customers.

Anyway, I spoke to my dealer about this and he reminded me that the 348 Serie Speciale was available as a coupe of spider, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ferrari decided to make the 430 Scuderia in a spider form. This seems especially likely if the production run of the 430S is expected to last a couple of years, and even more so if the discontinue the "standard" 430 production at any point....

6. Stradale Joe

Stradale Joe Karting

Jul 26, 2006
    downtown
    Full Name:
    Joe Panache
    For the right price they would make a stationwagon let alone a convertible for you out of Scud. You may have to pay in petro-euros though.

7. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Well it's not like everybody that buys a Scuderia coupe gets it for the track... many of them will just boulevard cruisers already anyway.

8. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    I would. A Spider version would be absolutely pointless. The fact that the 430S is so track focused is the whole point.

9. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    What sports car isn't track focused? Plenty of 360CS's and 911GT3RS's and Gallardo SL's etc. have never seen a race track or ever will.

10. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Still, there's no CS, GT3RS or Superleggera Convertibles

11. RC33

RC33 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Garden City
    Full Name:
    RC33
    I read that a post previously that all brand new Ferraris that rolled off the production floor gets broken in and driven around the test track (Fiorano?) before delivery.
    I suppose the the 911GT3RS and the Gallardo SL would be subjected to the same 'testing' too.
    So what you mentioned isn't right.

12. Mrg360

Mrg360 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2007
    Australia (Sydney)
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #12 Mrg360, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not necessarily ............ however spiders have to be heavier due to extra chassis components to minimize twist , so half of the scuderia advantage ( weight ) would not be possible.

You can still have fun on the track in a hairdresser spec...:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    No question that a Spider is fun on the track for a road oriented car. But a track-oriented car has compromises that make it less fun on the road - stiffer suspension, lower ride height, less user friendly clutch/fly wheel, etc. The main purpose of a Spider is to be fun on the road. I like both Spiders and track-oriented cars and I have the luxury of both at various points in time

14. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    +1. 599 Spider is much more likely

15. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    It so happens that there are possible plans for a very limited number of F430 Scuderia Spiders that would have a manual soft top. This car would be out sometime in 09. Of course this is not confirmed, but I know for sure that Ferrari is in the talking stage. And let me tell you something...track or no track, if it happens, this car will sell like hotcakes and for bigtime bucks over sticker!

16. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Over WHAT???????????????
    StickMe.....Stick'EmUp.....StickItToCustomer..nope, no "sticker" in my FoA Dictionary. I think it's an Urban Legend.

17. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    There is a sticker on every Ferrari, just like every other car. And, if they do make a F430 Scuderia Spider and if you or anyone else wants one, odds are over sticker is what will be paid. My dealer has already said that the F430 Scuderia coupe will go for a MINIMUM of 100k over sticker. It is what it is. You have to pay to play.

18. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Can I ask how you know this? If it is a limited edition how would it sell like hotcakes? Surely Ferrari would assign a limited production car to it's most important clients and not to dealers that could sell them on for a premium?

I'm sorry to all the hopefuls, but in no way does a 430 Scuderia Spider make sense.

19. mini2

mini2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 25, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Paul

Why are you so concerned about people making mark up's on these cars. It's just getting pathetic. It's life, Where demand is exceeded by production- Premiums will be exchanged.

Im sure if you had the chance to turn car/s you would

20. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    What do you mean concerned? I mentioned it once and it was responding to a previous comment. Mini2, We are talking on a different thread where I have yet to mention premiums. There's no need to be searching my posts looking for a fight. This was the first and only time I've ever mentioned premiums concerning the 430 Scuderia so I don't know what you're refering to as "pathetic".

The only pathetic thing here is you trying to make everyone believe you are getting a 430 Scuderia.

mini2, while you're at it, are you on the list for the Scuderia Spider? What has your dealer told you about it?

Apologies for the thread interruption.

21. mini2

mini2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 25, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Paul

lol your a joke. Im searching post's looking for the fight. I think its the other way round. Its either you or grey boxer which is replying to stuff im saying and makin a mockery of me.
    Like i keep sayin modena- In good time you will have all the proof you need.

pics, pics and lots more pics of me and demo scuderia :D

22. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Mini2, why don't you show me the order form for YOUR 430 Scuderia instead of telling me that you're going to post pictures of you standing beside one in a Ferrari showroom. What will that prove? I can go and pose beside an Enzo in a showroom - doesn't mean that I own it.

23. mini2

mini2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 25, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thats true, but im sure the scuderia will only be shown to CUSTOMERS. I promise to hold up my invitation as well.
    I'll even pen you an autograph- dedicated to you Modena

How does that sound.

24. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    The Scuderia will not remain in the showroom for at least a couple of days after? I'm sure you and your classmates will be dissapointed you cannot go down to pose beside it during lunch.

An autograph from who? I'm good, thanks...

25. mini2

mini2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 25, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I should of said signature. not autograph! Who knows, a pic of me signed could be worth a bob or two in years to come.