Cincinnati gathering | FerrariChat

Cincinnati gathering

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by jetfixr, Sep 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    Well,

In my travels I have noticed about 6 other Fcars this summer so I know they exist... I thought it may be nice to have a Cincinnati gathering before the snow flies....

Myself and a friend (Don Cisle) are putting our heads together to arrange a fall drive ending at my facility located at the Butler County Regional Airport. We are exploring catering options as well..... We believe the atmosphere will be adequate for some great photo ops, lots of corporate aircraft, privately owned fighters, etc.
    I expect cars owned by my customers and friends will allow for a good turn out anyway. So if the Ferrari crowd is interested we will lock down a date.

If this is of interest let me know as soon as possible, obviously scheduling is important due to hangar space and airport approval..
    Last weekend of October or first weekend in November is what I have to pick from. Any thoughts.....

2. nleksan

nleksan Rookie

May 3, 2006
    Milford, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nick Leksan
    I'd love to attend, but no Ferrari here, just a BMW.

3. teachdna

teachdna Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Robbins
    I can make the last weekend in October but will be out of town the next weekend. Sounds good to me. The usual group has been strangely quiet all summer..... guess we've all been busy but it would be nice to get out for a drive.

4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Jeff - I am with you... I have not arranged a drive all year. I have driven my spyder a lot - but only for short times. Way way way to busy this summer.

I am up for a drive and can send a note out once we get a date. I am open the last weekend of Oct as well. I am heading to the Outerbanks for a couple of weeks (2nd and 3rd week of Oct) but look pretty open the last week of Oct.

PS there are about 50 exotics in the Cincy/Dayton/Northern Kentucky/Indiana area. We should be able to get a nice group with 3 or 4 weeks notice...

Count me in...

Rich Wallace
    [email protected]

5. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    Airport has approved the 27th of October. Now we just need to know who is in......
    We will require an RSVP as we get closer so I can notify the airport administrator and to plan on food/beverage requirements...
    By the way, in case I didn't mention we are covering food expense. Gas, tires, and oil is up to you......

Richard-Maybe you can share some thoughts on our driving route.

Or call me direct-765-220-1596 (Indiana cell)

6. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    One more note,

All cars are welcome, I'm positive there will be a few Porsche guys, Lotus, BMW, Corvettes, and a Ford GT for sure.
    This is not limited to Italian cars, just cool cars.....

7. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Let me noodle this (Jeff/Robert if you are out there) think about it as well.

I will give you a call next week and we can start to plan a route...

Rich

312.371.5039 (Cell)

8. teachdna

teachdna Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Robbins
    The airport sounds great: they have a 5500 X 100 foot runway: do we get to do runs down that? In terms of a route, if the airport was confirmed, we would look to see what back roads are available after a meet at either Rich's or my place, if that's convenient. I may even bring a couple of cars- the 550 and the Porsche turbo. I'd like to see what each will do in a mile straight line. Count me in.

9. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    I wish we could take them down the runway.. The airport has actually become a strong executive airport and a reliever for Lunken. Now security is quite a bit tighter. We will be able to get out on the ramp but that's it.

For the record-Here is the fastest we have gotten from 0-150 in 5500 ft and back to a full stop. Now thats some brakes!!! 14,000lbs and 14,700 lbs of thrust!!!!

The attached video is of a MiG 21MF that we assembled for a customer and tested at Butler County Regional, it was shipped in on a 40ft sea container in pieces from Europe. No instruction manual and took over a year to complete. She is now legal in accordance with FAA regulations and can cover mother earth at 1489 Knots....And yes, it will be there on the 27th......Along with a Mig17 and several bizjets.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2110740727283011738&q=mig+21&total=471&start=120&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

P.S.-At the end of the run is Bypass 4 so you have no choice but to rotate or brake HARD :)

10. rlm328

rlm328 Rookie

Jan 7, 2004
    There is going to be a drive and lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube October 13
    There will be door prizes and current FCA members will recieve $ 20.00 towards their lunch
    The drive will start at Tony's Auto Spa 9382 Loveland-Maderia RD. Loveland Oh. 45242
    We will meet there at 11:30 and have a drive winding up at Quaker Staek & lube at 1:00
    for lunch.
    You can email me for any questions

Thanks Bob Miller

11. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    Thanks for the invite Bob. I 'm a current FCA member and should be able to make at least the lunch on the 13th.

George Roberts

12. kgantzer

kgantzer Rookie

Apr 9, 2004
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kurt Gantzer
    For the Butler County drive.
    We will attend, assuming the car is working and the sun is shining !
    Kurt Gantzer
    1980 308GTBi (black)

13. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    Here is the plan:

We will meet at 3:30 at the corporate offices of Scumacher-Dugan construction (6355 Centre Park Dr West Chester, Ohio 45069).
    We will drive approximately 1 hr and end up at Roberts Aviation (2808 Bobmeyer Rd, Hamilton Ohio 45015).

We will have a catered supper (pulled pork and excellent Ribs).

My Family will be helping as well as Mr. Don Cisle. No money required at all, come have fun before the snow flies.....

We will be parking inside the hangar and I'll give more info as we go
    Robert Miller will be sending some info to everybody as well (Thanks Bob!)

RSVP ME BY EMAIL IF YOU PLAN TO EAT....We will obviously only order food for the number planning to attend

Email me direct [email protected]

14. bryanm268

bryanm268 Rookie

Sep 2, 2007
    Louisville,KY.
    Full Name:
    Bryan Marshall
    Is this open to Louisville guys????????? Bryan

15. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    It is open to ALL......Come, have fun and help us eat the ribs!!!!

Just need an Email letting me know how many....

Hope to see you there..

FYI,

A friend of mine Dean Rosen, builder of the new Rossion Q1 (Formerly Noble) will be there as well with a few of the machines from his establishment....Should be fun!!!!

16. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I think I will be able to come for a few hours on Saturday... I have an event with my wife that evening but can come out and play for at least a few hours!

I sent an e-mail to Ian (and also got bob's e-mail) - so it looks like all my contacts have been notified as well!

Hope to meet / see you guys there!

Rich

17. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    One last post before the BBQ:

We have ordered plenty of food, so even if you didn't RSVP there should be plenty. Based on the Emails it looks like it's gonna be a good turnout. (as long as it does not rain)

Looking forward to seeing you all!

18. Paulie_Lamborghini_Ohio

Sep 11, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Paul Anthony
    Hi everyone,

Members from the Midwest Ferrari and Lamborghini Owners are meeting in Columbus on Friday, Nov. 9th for an exotic car cruise-in. Lamborghini Ohio is hosting a Gallardo Superleggera Autocross event during the day and a party later that evening. The front parking lot is reserved for Lambos and Ferraris.

I am having Giorgio help promote it to the Ferrari Club. Hope you can help me spread the word. Here are the details:

LAMBORGHINI OHIO NIGHT AT AZURA NIGHTCLUB
    DOOR PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION

Friday, November 9, 9pm – 2:30am

Join Lamborghini Ohio and C Magazine as we cruise to Azura Nightclub (7520 High Cross Boulevard, Columbus, OH 43235) in the Worthington Crosswoods for “Lamborghini Ohio Night” at the club. C Magazine is doing a photo spread on the party.

Link to nightclub: http://azuranights.com

Enjoy an evening of cool cars and hot music. The front parking lot will be reserved for exotic cars. Show up in your special ride for one last cruise-in before winter sets in!

All of the $5 cover charge admissions that evening will be donated to the Columbus Arthritis Foundation – thanks to the Azura owners! So please invite your friends as well. The more in attendance, the more $$$ the arthritis foundation will earn.

Thanks - Paulie :)