Plz. post pics of your new '08 Phantom Drophead Coupes | FerrariChat

Plz. post pics of your new '08 Phantom Drophead Coupes

Discussion in 'British' started by JM4re, Oct 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    They just officially hit the showrooms/streets yesterday, 10/01/07. I only see 2 really in stock out there and they're both Diamond Black. One's in inventory at www.symbolicmotors.com but the better one is in inventory at www.rolls-roycemotorcarsraleigh.com I guess I figure someone out here on F-chat must have a new Phantom DhC. Right? Let's see them...

2. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    #2 JM4re, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    #3 redhead, Oct 2, 2007
  4. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
  5. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    They must not have it listed on the website because I don't see a Drophead Coupe there. They DO have a very cool and rare Phantom Silver edition though.

6. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Cool car but it doesnt do anything for me.

7. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    Saw it at Quaill and was repulsed. What were they thinking?

8. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I heard Scott Storch bought one, and has had his for a few days. And no, it's not that custom-job Rolls.

9. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Can't believe that these cars are commanding $250K over the $440K list price. Dosen't do anything for me.

10. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I kind of like the normal Phantom but I don't care for this one at all.

11. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    +1

12. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    man rolls makes some ugly cars :eek:

13. jeffashcraft

jeffashcraft Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ashcraft
    saw one in front of my office this afternoon in North Dallas TX.....I don't particularly care for the Phantom --- ditto for the Drophead Coupe, but I didn't see it with the top off.

sorry, no pic

14. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    I am amazed at how pictures of so many cars do them no justice whatsoever.
    I suspect that the Rolls is shake-your-head awesome in person.

15. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I don't know what car you guys are looking at but that Drophead is sweeet! The huge premium if anyone is really paying it won't last long though. There will not be people beating down the door to buy a 407k convert. Just like the Bentley GTC that was supposed to be a 2 year wait and over sticker in the begining.

16. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    Sorry, it's not. It's shake your head in disbelief that anyone would make this abortion much less buy it.
    I remember when Rolls had class and timeless style.
    Too many disjointed styling ideas jammed into one vehicle. Kind of like the Pontiac Aztek.
    But with better build quality!

17. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

And your idea of the best four seat lux convert is? Pretty harsh words for the worlds premier convert.

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    From a Rolls owner, I can only say that I think RR has been heading down the wrong road the last few years.

I would never buy a current model!

19. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

What year do you have?

20. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i agree that styling wise the designs of rollers since bmw took over have been going downhill. the seraph and corniche were beautifully designed, and the class ones are just timeless. however, after having seen a few phantoms up close and taking a look around both inside and out, it's grown on me, which is why i'm trying to hold off judgment on the dhc before i see one.

21. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    Not sure I really buy into the idea of a four seat convertible. Can't think of an alternative except the Bentley GTC off hand. I'm curious as to why you consider it the world's premier convertible? Price/Badge? Certainly nobody builds a car like Rolls or Bentley anymore, and thank God for that, but not every idea hits a home run. In the flesh it is jarring and gauche, attributes that are almost never associated with RR. Just my opinion, of course. YMMV. If you want one in your garage then that's all that matters. I also think that Ferrari has lost its way in the last few years. But that's another thread!

22. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    That car just screams "in case you were wondering, yes , I am very rich, oh and also if you were curious I am a giant ******bag as well...good day"

23. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    #23 JM4re, Oct 3, 2007
    Umm okay, people this was initially supposed to be a thread showing pics of your Drophead Coupes, not a commentary of the car. Having said that, it is the world's premier car because Rolls-Royce has been the world's most symbolic status-symbol manufacturer for a century now. Think about that. Sure they've had some misses (the Camargue, the chinese-eyed Cloud IIIs, early-year Silver Spurs) but these are still hand-crafted, completely bespoke motorcars, especially the Drophead Coupes which will be in very limited quantities.
    No one's suggesting it's the best bang for the buck, lol, but that's hardly the point. This car IS the middle finger extended. It says "Yes, for half a million I could've fed a Tanzanian village for a year, but I thought I needed a new convertible instead." For those who think the Bentley GTC is its competition, you have only demonstrated a glaring lack of understanding of what this car or its only competition (the Bentley Azure) is all about.
    As for the styling, I'll grant you it's a different approach from where they were. The previous body-style Silver Seraph sedans (1999-2002) and Corniche convertibles (2000-2002) were stunningly gorgeous cars, very gracious, very feminine in their contours and qualities. The current Phantoms and Drophead Coupes, are much "boxier", but also more masculine, domineering, and certainly recall styling cues of the original *gasp* Phantoms! from the 1920s-30s. There is a purpose to it. And it is brilliantly old-school cool.
    In the flesh, so to speak, it is enormous -- it's extremely wide, nearly 6-ft. tall and pretty overwhelming. But I've driven a couple Phantoms and soon will get to drive the Drophead as well and from first-hand experience I can tell you, they are sublime. Very manueverable, manageable if mindful of its proportions, deceptively fast, waftable as they say, and though no Porsche in the corners, quite aggressive when you want it to be for a car with a 140in. wheelbase. Also, unless you live in LA (where they're fairly common), you'll never feel more like a celebrity (be it said for or against it). More attention than any Ferrari I've ever driven...
    Anyway, I'm not certain people that drive Honda Accords should be going out of their way to slam the flagship Rolls-Royce. It is a mobile work of art.

Now to get back on topic...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Kind of like a Pontiac Aztek but with better build quality?

Apologize for your stupidity.

25. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have a Bentley GTC and in now way is it competition for this car. The Azure fits that bill but to me the Azure even though a bit redone has a 10 year old design and I personally would go with the fresh new Rolls. None of these cars are for the faint of heart to drive around and it definately is not everyones cup of tea. I think a four seater ferrari is pointless but it has its place and I am sure it is very good at what it does. Most that don't like the "look at me" aspect of a Rolls think it is too over the top but Ferrari is no different.