Help! Can't get ferrarichat at home | FerrariChat

Help! Can't get ferrarichat at home

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by fgg, Sep 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    Ok, I'm losing my mind. I can get Ferrarichat on my office computer without any problem. For the last two days I have not been able to get Ferrarichat at home. Unless the server has been down and I didn't know about it, nothing seems to work. I have tried all the obvious things to access the site--reloaded the name as well as trying to access it as a link from another site. Everything else works on my computer. I have tried a system restore to last week when it was working fine, without success. There were no system changes made in the last week. I keep getting a no page found or a domain does not exist notification. Help!

2. TOC

TOC Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    John T
    Funny! I've been having the same problem. I've tried everything you mentioned & more, but still can't get it to work!?#@*&^

3. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    Help from the tech heads????

4. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I access it through the alternate domain of thebestemployee.com. See if that works for you.

5. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I've had no problems. I would try thebestemployee.com. Also good if your work blocks F-chat

6. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    DNS issue maybe? Try renewing your entries: start - run - cmd - ipconfig /flushdns

7. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    System Restore - this is only good if you are messing up your system with drivers and system files. This will not help.

One particular thought is the hosts file, which could have something in it. It could be a simple DNS issue (see post above). But, try www.thebestemployee.com (as noted above) and then try a different browser, such as FireFox from www.mozilla.com.

8. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    Well, I haven't responded in the last few days, BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IN FROM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try switching to firefox when I get home. Thanks

So far I have done all of the "repairs" I could find out about:

1. ipconfig/flushdns
    2. increased size of cache
    3. diagnostic on dns cache poisoning
    4. thebestemployee.com

and a variety of other attempts, without success.

I keep getting a black box which for about 1 second pops up with, "c\windows\system32\ipconfig.exe" or I get a full screen which says "the ferrari.chat domain cannot be found" or it says "cannot find server DNS." I am only having this problem with this one website. Is it possible that if I don't log off at the office computer, that I am having a problem getting back in from home?

I was relegated to the "ferrari life" website for the weekend--Ouch!

HELP--I want back in at home.

Thanks

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Maybe a member of your family has put a block on it so you spend more time with them !!!!!

10. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Are you running Norton or McAfee? Those products have a personal firewall with an option to block a dns entry. Check to see somehow ferrarichat.com got added to banned sites (if so, track down spouse and get confession).

11. TOC

TOC Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    John T
  12. teris3

teris3 Rookie

Jun 30, 2006
    I had the exact same issue...its a DNS problem...write down the DNS servers of your work pc and put the same at home

13. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Get a Mac....
    All of that windows crap will go away

14. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    Hi everyone, thanks for the info. I did not have an opportunity last night to try any of the repairs which have been suggested, but I will tonight.

I hate admitting to my lack of computer competence, however the suggestion to copy the dns server of my work computer into my home computer sounds like a DIY job if someone could walk me through it.

Thanks in advance.

Keep the help suggestions coming.

Frank

15. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Frank,

Start - Run - CMD

Type in: ipconfig /flushdns

No need to change the DNS entries on the home system. Firefox browser?

If no go, hosts file might be an issue, but I don't see why it would target this site.

16. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    Now I am really confused. No firewall issues. Winsock didn't help, nor did firefox. Yet, I am back in on ferrarichat at home by having (through pure chance) tried to access it when I went on AOL. I have no idea why I can get back in only through AOL. It is very cumbersome doing it this way. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

17. sken

sken Karting

Jun 22, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Scott Kennedy
    Schatten, do you think it might be a registry conflict problem. I used Registry Mechanic from PCTools and it fixed the same problem on my laptop. Just a thought. It also sped up the speed of my laptop unbelievably. It was about 30 bucks and I downloaded it.

18. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    I'm back on Ferrarichat.com at home. PC Tools Spyware Doctor program, as suggested, did in fact do the trick. Yeah. Thanks to all.

Frank

19. jim frank

jim frank Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    florida
    Full Name:
    jim
    Please advise as to how to use PC tools spyware doctor. Is this a program that I can download from the computer or must purchase? Not too computer savey! But trying. Have also tried everything else mentioned, except restore...and will not do that as have no other problems with computer except for slow speed getting to this site & use within the site. Very long connection times. Can not access using www.ferrarichat.com...get same messages you did...using both Firefox and internet explorer. I have to use the URL that I've been using....

Appreciate any and all assistance & suggestions.

Jim

20. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    jim frank, go to pctools.com and you can download one of many options. I used the Spyware Doctor program. After the download you can run a scan but you cannot run the fix until you purchase the license for 29.95 and register your version. Not only did this fix my problems but my system is clearly running quicker. One thing I did note, however, is that I had to stop running the optional "on guard" program as that does seem to slow things down when it is on, probably because I already have an anti-virus program running--McAfee. Good Luck.

21. sken

sken Karting

Jun 22, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Scott Kennedy
    The two software companies that I have have had the best luck with is would be Lavasoft (ADAWARE) and PC Tools (Registry Mechanic). These have no issues with current programs I run and sped up my computer incredibly. Also have fixed many problems. they are very inexpensive and are excellent in my opinion.

22. jim frank

jim frank Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    florida
    Full Name:
    jim
    Thanks fgg .Before putting the program in each click took 60 seconds,now it's back to normal. I appreciate Your help. Jim

23. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This board might be being blocked by adware or windows firewall, try turning all of them off and see if you can login.