About to buy my F430 | FerrariChat

About to buy my F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by testarossa_fan, Oct 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testarossa_fan

Aug 5, 2006
    Hi all,

I'm about to get my first F-car, an F430, it's an 06 model, coupe, Rosso Scuderia, F1 trans.

But some questions have been hitting me for the past few weeks. Specially those regarding reliability of the car.

I've been saving hard to buy the car, and I want to use it as a daily driver.

Can you give me some advice on this particular issue? Is it hard to keep it running well? Are services and repairs expensive? I live in Mexico, and I don't have to deal with snow or other hard climate related issues, the main problems I'll be facing are speed bumps, bad roads and envious looks. I've tried to do some research through the forum, but it seems that no one in the Mexican forum is an owner, just kids who can't spell right and post pictures of porsches and lambos.

I will appreciate any information you can provide me with. Thanks in advance.

E.

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The car should hold up well. It will help if you have service close by in the event that something does happen. Probably the biggest threat is the car getting beat up one way or another.

3. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    No problems using the F430 as a daily driver.....that is what it's made for. I also have my F430 in Cairo which is an enviroment similar to Mexico. You should install skidplates on your front bumper to protect it from accidental scraping against speed bumps,...etc.
    Good luck and congratulations in advance.

4. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The first thing is find out where to get the car serviced and if Ferrari will truck it for you. Not getting it fixed could be a major obstacle. The rest is personal, i.e. traffic, vandals, etc. There must be other Ferrari's in Mexcio City. Take a look at the Latin American Posts. Someone may have worked out the problems for you. Best

5. jgcferrari

jgcferrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 21, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jose
    Im in Mexico and Im an owner, pm me if you want advice, and I can also refer you to the very best Ferrari mechanic in Mexico who will do the work on your car for a lot less than the dealer.

6. testarossa_fan

Aug 5, 2006
    Thank you.

7. testarossa_fan

Aug 5, 2006
    Thank you Tarek, I guess I read your post on the skidplates, I'll be getting those.

8. testarossa_fan

Aug 5, 2006
    Ok, thank you, I'm taking that into account.

9. testarossa_fan

Aug 5, 2006
    Ok, sending you a PM.