Any way to track 430 shipment? | FerrariChat

Any way to track 430 shipment?

Discussion in '360/430' started by petert, Oct 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. petert

petert Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Or any tips? Dealer can only tell me "status 90" (which means on the boat), but I'm sure many folks here have been through this process several times. Any tidbits of info would be much appreciated, i.e. how long can I expect boat shipment to take, time for truck shipment pickup, and then truck duration (NJ to San Diego in my case).

Thanks

Pete

2. Kurt RSF

Kurt RSF Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    Pete, I was informed on Sep 4th that my car was in 90 status. Then I got a call on Oct 3rd that my car was in 92 status. My build sheet says delivery date was Aug 29th, so maybe that's the day it left the factory or was put on the boat? It's supposed to be here any day now.

3. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    From my understanding, cars that are boatted over all go to FNA in New jersey, and then are put on a truck to California. I know that is what happened to my friends 599. I think it took about 6 weeks from Europe to California.

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Do you know the boating company name?? If you do you can usually go to their website and go to a world wide tracking and watch the ship coming over. The company that shipped both my E60 M5's was the Maersk shipping company, I watched both the ships coming across the pond on their gps on the website. How freaky was I!!???? You can also try www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP they are another shipping company. All I needed was the last 8 of my vin to find the ship and then you can track her. Hope this helps.

Robert

5. Mwilens

Mwilens Rookie

May 11, 2006
    Ferrari NA in nj has a logistics person that knows the boat name and delivery date exactly.
    Michael
    6speedonline.com owner

6. Steve711

Steve711 Karting

Oct 9, 2007
    Have you gotten your car yet? Do you remember when you ordered it? I ordered mine end of June - no sign of it yet.

7. Kurt RSF

Kurt RSF Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    I ordered mine the end of May. It arrived at the dealership yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm out of town for 2 weeks.

8. petert

petert Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Just found out mine's at port - on the "right coast" which is the wrong coast for me though, so I guess it's time for a Snickers.

9. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    My car must have been on the same boat as it is now in New Jersey. Hope for delivery before end of the month.