Mondial Wheel Center Cap Removal | FerrariChat

Mondial Wheel Center Cap Removal

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 4ARI, Oct 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4ARI

4ARI Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Northern, VA.
    Full Name:
    Ron S.
    #1 4ARI, Oct 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'd like to replace my worn center caps with new. I've got a 1989 Mondial T Cab with stock wheels.
    Any idea what the center cap part #'s are and how to remove the center caps? Do I need
    to take the wheels off to get at the center caps?
    Thanks,
    Ron
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. xtrmesaleen

xtrmesaleen Karting

Apr 7, 2006
    Try Ricambi America, Daniel is a great guy to work with. Part #108947.

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=263835

As for removal, while I haven't done this myself, some guys will drill a small hole off-center on the cap and get at them that way(assuming you aren't saving them for some other purpose). Perhaps someone else can give a better suggestion on removal.

3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Remove the wheel and pop them out with the butt end (not the blade end!) of a screwdriver. They come out with a light tap. Make sure you have something soft for them to land on so they don't get scratched up.

JIM

4. MondialMondo

MondialMondo Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    MondialMondo
    Be very careful putting pressure on the caps, because the plastic easily cracks.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

+ 1,000,000

They arrrive, from Ferrari, wrapped in a kitchen paper towel. It's amazing, really. Every single cap has slight scratches and blemishes (easily buffed right out in seconds), and are frankly, quite fragile.

Take the wheel off the car and pop them out from the back of the wheel. When putting the new ones in, use a rubber mallet and an old dishrag or towel or something.

6. 4ARI

4ARI Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Northern, VA.
    Full Name:
    Ron S.
    Thanks to every one for your help and suggestions.
    Ron