Congrats Dan!! | FerrariChat

Congrats Dan!!

Discussion in 'New England' started by Speedracer38, Oct 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Wow. Just saw your avatar :) Congrats on the latest addition to your incredible collection!!

2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Not quite yet, but all being well should be coming in the next couple of weeks :)

3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    wow :) How many of us would love to use our avatars to mark the arrivals of supercars in our own garages hehe ;) we might all have nice avatars, but it sure must be pimp to own the actual cars that the world admires.

Adding a F50 to the 288 is interesting. I would guess that the F40 has more raw old school traits due to Enzos involvement. The F50 and F60 seem to be more F1 based. The F40 and F50 are both nice in their own ways- the one F50 I will never forget is the NH one that had no cats and did a flyby in front of a crowd at the old FoNE in Newton. It was a sonic boom on wheels!

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I have to admit that event was an inspiration :) I'm looking into Tubi and Capristo systems to add to the car... might stop short of the full straight pipes that were on that car.

I've been looking at F40s but due to some fool paying 750K for one in CA during monterey everyone suddenly things their car is worth 100K more than it was 2 months ago. I personally see street F40s as over-priced right now, after all they did make >1000 of them.

The objective in the long term is to add an Enzo and F40 to complete "the set". Need to work harder to get there :)

5. gman ferrari

gman ferrari Karting

Jul 5, 2006
    wow amazing dan I cant wait to see it ps my favorite fcar

6. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I didn't dare to say it, but acquiring a local fleet of Ferrari Supercars will really put our region on the map. Aside from the Ralph Lauren types, owning all 4 (288/F40/F50/Enzo) is quite an achievement. It is great to see a humble fellow achieve it, good luck :)

7. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Well I hope everything works out and the car is in your possession sooner then you hope :) Have you heard Stanley's F50? I know he has Tubi and *maybe* straight pipes. Here is a video of it-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyHGA1p0wVI

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Wow, that is mean.

9. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Congratulations Dan! Ammasing quite the collection. If you can indeed manage to get all 4 cars, you woudl definately be in a very rare club. Can't wait t hear some more reports on what you think of the car.

10. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Congratulations Dan! The F50 and 288 GTO are an incredible combination. I had the opportunity to ride in Stanley Cohens F50, and it was an unforgettable experiance! Enjoy it in good health! I hope you bring it to Montreal for the Grand Prix some time, as I always see the CS ;)

Oh that brings back memory's :)

11. mwcoop

mwcoop Rookie

Sep 23, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    mike
    Very cool Dan congrats

12. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    Someplace I have a photo I took of a 288, F40, F50, and Enzo, all lined up next to each other in Rosso Corsa paint, that were owned by the guy that owns Ferrari of Atlanta (I saw them during a Ferrari Challenge event at Road Atlanta a couple of years ago). It is a stunning sight. Go Dan!

Gio P

13. REV.Group

REV.Group Rookie

Oct 7, 2007
    Congrats on your purchase Dan! Rumor has it Ferrari is developing a new super car for 2010. that means you need 5 in your collection.

14. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    #14 Giovanni_P, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's the one I was thinking of. So is this what Dan's garage will look like once F40 speculation returns to pre-20th-anniversary levels?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    :) There is also the small matter of the fact that an Enzo is currently nearly double the price on an F50... but that's the idea.

16. douging

douging Karting

Sep 8, 2005
    Lynn
    Full Name:
    Doug
    One for every day of the work week... You might have to expand your tie collection to match your vehicle for the day.