Do the tubi headers alter sound at all? | FerrariChat

Do the tubi headers alter sound at all?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ttforcefed, Oct 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thinking about rounding out the tubi stuff on my 95 (have the exhaust and test pipes already)

2. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I have the same on my 95 and will probably go tubi headers next unless the boys working on a new system here on Fchat come up with something better....and I think they will. As for the sound...It will be hard to do better than what you have but only someone who has the complete tubi setup could answer that.

3. Angelo08

Angelo08 Rookie

Sep 26, 2006
    NY
    i heard one before. Pitch is a little higher from mid to redline. Owner stated he felt a nice increase in power upstairs. he no longer has the car so i cant get any soundclips. Sounds more free flow even at idle.

4. rketex7

rketex7 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    K.C.Y.
    Sounds like we need a group buy...////

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id be up for it

6. Angelo08

Angelo08 Rookie

Sep 26, 2006
    NY
    If its sound you are after get test pipes and remove the heavy cats. Not to mention the nice flame you will project shifting high up in the revband. :)

7. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    I really doubt different headers pipes will make any difference you can hear. Any header pipe is going to be pretty much the same size inside and take more or less the same route to get where it needs to go. As someone else mentioned you can get a change by using a different muffler, different cats. or removing cats (which it seems you've already done). The advantages would probably only be that they look nicer and don't rust.

8. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Anyone have any prices on the tubi header? I heard they can be had now for around $4,200.00

9. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Please let me know where :)

10. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    This is not really trure

I have done tubi exhaust, hyper flow cats and just added to STEBRO headers. The difference in the headers coupled w/ the other items is night and day. The car sounds superior in the 4000rpm range. I will find different speeds in different gears to maximize that running level. When I run under viaducts, tunnels or bouncing off walls - the sound with these headers sounds as if an F1 is screaming down the road. Now interesting enough it isn't as mystical at 5000 rpm or 3000 rpm's it seems to peak at 4000. I've run the car w/ hpyer flows/tubi and sure the car sounds awesome. But these headers - OMG. Its what keeps me from considering ever selling my car - It could not be duplicated.

my experience -- go Stebro!

11. rketex7

rketex7 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    K.C.Y.
    I seem to remember Stebro put a high temp coating on their headers, right??? Did you end up putting on the header wrap tape around your headers?

12. Angelo08

Angelo08 Rookie

Sep 26, 2006
    NY
    i can just imagine the sound. Do post some clips of the monster. Im sure the Fabspeed headers will do the same for a portion of the Tubi price. Tubi has well overinflated their price and is probably in the vacinity of $5k now. I was suprised to see how well layed out the stock 95 headers were. Any header you take will improve teh sound to some degree whether it be at 4000rpm or 6000rpm etc all depending on its construction and tubing configuration. I may be wrong but i remember reading somewhere that the Tubis are all equal length which is probably a big advantage if you are tunning via a standalone to get the maximum power output. Any properly designed header will give you a different tone somewhere in the revband. Its just a matter or prefernce and $$ vs gain. JMHO.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    im a sucker like that...im going to go with tubi since i already have their exhaust and test pipes...would just feel dirty to me to go with someone else

14. Angelo08

Angelo08 Rookie

Sep 26, 2006
    NY
    You are a Tubified owner. Nothing wrong with getting a little dirty :D Its your car so you do as you please. You will love it once it is done though. Will sound even closer to an F1 machine.

15. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Breakdown on prices----This sound about right?????? Any other makers?? Warranties? I guess my question is why would I spend $4700 for headers when I can spend $2500---Am I getting essitially the same product?? Are these headers that much different??? Anyone!

Tubi--$4700.00
    Fabspeed - $2495.00
    NAPerformance - $3299.00

16. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    Well, I can't say it's a huge difference in sound but it's definately noticeable.......

Tubi headers+Hyperflow test pipes+Stage 3 Lemans X-ost+ Fresh engine overhaul = SOUND!!!!! You need earplugs and I love it..

17. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    I don't know I leave that stuff to my mechanic - I drive 'em.

Don't know if there is any difference from one manufacturer to the next sound may be negligible or it may be appreciative; all I know is what my experience is and the car enters the twilight zone w/ the Stebro. A pure Italian scream. Why miss the "Climax that keeps on giving" for a couple grand.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is x-ost + test pipes louder than tubi + test pipes?

19. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I would never ever put a header on my 355 that needs coating or wrapping. Your car needs the heat to be taken out through the pipes and that is why you need shielding and insulation around the headers. Why would Ferrari have added insulated shields to thier headers if they didnt need it. Dave and Bruce are working on putting together something in the header area that hopefully will fix the problems inherant in the 355 plus extract more horses from these magnificent machines. Either stay with OEM or go with Tubi. Tubi is by far the better of the 2. Or wait for something new that is shielded.

20. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone

Absolutely!!!! No doubt there. I'll get around to a video one of these days.... :)