Alonshole just can't shut his mouth | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Alonshole just can't shut his mouth

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Agent Smith, Oct 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Strasse

Strasse Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Some very good points. thanks for taking the time to share them. I never really considered Bernie's role in all of this fiasco, but it's clear that he's forgetting his place in the sport. Personally I will always be a MS fan. I miss watching him race. That's my prerogative as a ferrari fan. Yet I still believe that Fernando's WC win over Schumi was well deserved, and speaks a lot for Fernando's skills and drive.

Without MS around this year I'm actually rooting for Fernando (even above Kimi and our beloved Ferrari), just to watch the spaniard thumb his nose at McL for all the crap that they've pulled, and watch him take his deserved "#1" away from those crooks when he undoubtedly leaves them.

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve

Personally I think you have developed language because of your deep need to complain about anything British..:)

3. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    What do you mean by leave aside? How can you leave something aside, while bringing it up at the same time.

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Well you must be easily amused! :)

I don't hate Alonso, I just dislike him. Hate is too strong a word in the literal sense.

As for why I think Alonso will not win another WDC, I highlighted why in other threads. To win a WDC, one must have the driving talent, AND THE CAR. Alonso certainly has the driving skill - but so does Kimi (imo even more so than Alonso) but yet Kimi has not won a WDC. The problem is that there are a very very small handful of teams that compete to win WDC's in this day and age. If you look back over the last maybe 15 years, it's basically Ferrari, McLaren and then the occasional one or two time winner. Renault is that one/two time winner and I don't think Renault are coming back anytime soon. Fernando will not likely win a WDC at McLaren, mostly because Lewis will just keep getting better, while Alonso will get worse (due to his dislike of the team and them not 'gelling' together), that's if he doesn't bail or quit first. Todt has been VERY forceful in his revelation that there is "none, zero, no chance, absolutely zero percent" that Alonso will drive at Ferrari. So where exactly would Alonso win another WDC? Ferrari and McLaren are most likely to be the winning teams over the next 10 years. There may be a couple wins from BMW - MAYBE, or even Toyota or something like that. But Hamilton is pretty well set at McLaren, Kimi is pretty well set at Ferrari. Alonso got lucky going to McLaren. The car was NOT fast when he joined the team - everyone thought it was a major mistake for him to go to a 'slow' team. But it paid off. Alonso got VERY lucky. I don't think he can be that lucky again, especially considering the teams most likely to be winning WDC's are places he is not welcome or not wanted. There's a slim chance he could go to BMW but I doubt they will be running for the WDC next year. I don't think Renault will be either. And if what I said is true, and Ferrari and McLaren win the majority if not all the WDC's over the next 7 or 8 years, then Alonso has no chance. He is 26 years old right now. By the time he's 32 he will be getting slow. I don't think he will be in F1 when he's 34. So he's got maybe 7 years MAX to get the job done. IMO there is not too big a chance that he will win another WDC.

His best chance would have been to patch things up with Ron Dennis and the team, and continue at McLaren. Hopefully Hamilton will win the WDC and Alonso will have a meltdown over the winter, culminating in his departure from McLaren. And I predict the two WDC's he has now will be the last he ever wins in his life.

Just a prediction - but a well reasoned one. More well reasoned than "yeah but you obviously hate him!" type replies.

5. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Alonso is a motivator!

6. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    That's all well and good - but what if Alonso was the catalyst that helped Renault win the WDC/WCC? What if Kimi hurts car development? What if Alonso helps car development?

And surely, there is no guarantee McLaren or Ferrari will keep winning (or Alonso, for that matter). None at all.

7. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I'm not an Alonso supporter, but I don't hate him. He is an excellent driver with a crappy personality and giant ego. I actually dislike MS and Senna just as much, as they were both as unsportsmanlike as FA; two guys who would run people off the track to win.

The ones I dispise are Max, Bernie, and Ron Dennis and Jean the Toad.

8. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    They have shown up now that he is once again in the running for the *WDC. Talk about fairweather supporters eh. The real WDC is Kimi.

Here is a quote from Niki Lauda calling an Alonso tittle a "Joke" I dont much care for Lauda's comments but the Alonso and McCheater supporters bring up his quotes when it suites them especially when bashing MS.

Niki Lauda says he would prefer if Fernando Alonso did not win a third consecutive world championship in 2007.

The Austrian legend, who won three titles in his own Formula One career, referred to Spaniard Alonso's now openly acerbic relationship with his team boss Ron Dennis.

Contemplating that Alonso could snatch the title from his rookie McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton in Brazil in two weeks, 58-year-old Lauda told the Swiss newspaper Blick: "It would be a joke.

"For weeks Alonso has behaved so badly with his team that he has hardly any friends or supporters left."

Source GMM
    © CAPSIS International

9. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Kimi has not even shown he's better than Massa. The only reason he's leading, is the CC decision by the FIA,
    which opened the door to full fledged favoritism at both F and McL.
    You can compare Kimi to Alonso as far as driving but as a whole, forget it.

If Alonso and Massa could put their egos aside, an Alonso/Massa team would rock the current lineup. Not gonna happen.
    Despite some comments, Massa's clearly unhappy with a forced 'nr. 2'.
    A dream scenario would be Kimi/LH - you would see both their aerial roots,
    particularly LH's shortcomings as a whole ... everyone knows Kimi's.

10. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Asking Alonshole to put his ego aside is like asking Santa to bring you an Enzo with a 36,25,38c blonde driving it in a bikini. Aint gonna happen.

11. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    +1 on Kimi and Fernando being the best in the field right now. As far as both of them at Ferrari, I think you'd see a lot of what's happening this year at McMerc.

#1 on my list for 4 years now. He just isn't that cool.

+1 and hell, Honda was 3rd in the WCC only a couple of years ago. They can definatly make it happen. And look at where STR is with Vettel right now. The teams have the means to do it, they just need a driver that can make it happen.

+1 I absolutely agree.

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    To be very clear, I have very low respect for anybody involved with the media. Their primary goal is to control and depress the majority, all to sell their story and make a few bucks.

Car salesmen are higher quality people.
    Pete

13. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I bet you are right about that - but most drivers temper their feelings with maturity and a hair of humility. Schumi got real good at that in his later years. I would have *thought* that Alonso would have learned his lesson after he embarassed himself when he accused Renault of willfully sabotaging his WDC chances. But I guess it takes time to break someone that egomaniacal :)

14. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    It would be hilarious is Fernando won the WDC, I bet Mclaren wouldn't even celebrate.

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

What a reluctant celebration indeed :)

16. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    I really don't know why...... even with my extreme dislike for him, I think I'd rather see Alonso win that Hamilton. I'm divided on the subject, the shot of Lewis in the garage thanking all of the mechanics after he beached his car reminded me of the gratitude Schumi had for his team. It did impress me, but he just seems like a brat of a kid that's playing his parents back and forth until he gets what he wants. I know Alonso whines and I'm by no means a fan, but he seems to be getting shafted by this little snot of a kid and I'd rather him win than Hamilton. But I still don't like him.