top gear- gallardo sl vs gt3rs vs amv8 n24 | FerrariChat

top gear- gallardo sl vs gt3rs vs amv8 n24

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by tonyh, Oct 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
  2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm tuning in tonight -- BBC OnDemand!! :)

3. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    haha, I live in South Carolina with no AC in my Porsche, and I can totally relate to Jame's choice. :)

I've been comtemplating removing the power steering system...

4. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Man, that episode was quality all around. The search for the perfect driving road was excellent and I really liked the review of the Golf W12-650. Good to see Top Gear is back and as good as ever!

5. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    Top Gear is finally back, and they are back as great as they use to be. This episode was awesome, so were the cars and the roads. I really love the gallardo SL, but I just never liked the 911.

6. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    I think they should have waited to do this with the 430 Scuderia. The Aston just seems really out of place and from looking at the video I would think that it's a horrible car to drive. I hope we see some comparison with the 430S.

7. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    very nice-would have been nice to see the 430 scuderia in there. Still a great segment though. I like the gallardo of them all

8. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Clarkson is so full of ****. How many episodes ago did he totally rag on the Gallardo as a car he didn't like at all, called it boring. Maybe the supperleggera addressed his issues, I guess, but it sounds more like a case of saying whatever it takes to make the story work.

9. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    well he does have a gallardo spyder

10. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Yes and I can't remember him talking bad about the Gallardo. He loved the handling. He got one Spyder as said above. He's had a F355, a SL55 AMG, a Ford GT and now a Gallardo Spider :) Cool evolution :)

11. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Great episode, I had the pleasure of watching it a couple nights ago.

I do not remember Clarkson bashing the Gallardo, but I do remember him saying that it was close but not as good as the F430.

12. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Actually it was the review of the gallardo spyder. He said the gallardo (hardtop) was a total flop/boring, but the spyder variant transformed it into a very fun car. And I guess the SL variant did likewise...or...he needed to like the car for the story. :)

I just saw the episode the other night.

13. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    been removed:(