oil pressure problem on 348 | FerrariChat

oil pressure problem on 348

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by wayno31, Oct 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wayno31

wayno31 Rookie

Jun 20, 2007
    i have a 348 on a 92 with 40k on the clock and it has just had a full sevice. the car is showing is showing ok pressure when cold but when warm the pressure drops. results of a mechanical gauge are stated below, oil level is good and filter genuine

when the engine gets warm and you rev the engine the pressure goes down. the mechanical oil pressure readings are as follows engine cold fast idle 1100rpm oil pressure is 47 psi/ engine cold at normal idle 1000rpm oil pressure 25-35/ engine hot normal idle 1000rpm 20psi/ engine hot and under revs at 3000rpm 15 psi seems very strange/

no knocking no smoke otherwise engine is sweet as a nut/ new sender has been fitted/

not sure what car was like before service as when i bought it a service was due so did not want to tempt fait but did put the car through a pre purchase inspec and it was not picked up but i have a feeling the needle on the gauge was at about 45psi when i picked the car up and i was not sure if this was good or not

there are no kinks in the oil feed

any way thanks for your replies hope you can help further