New F430 Spider Owner-Help | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New F430 Spider Owner-Help

Discussion in '360/430' started by cpiguy, Oct 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Quite surprised with your comments as I have never heard anything negative about Premier. They have done three of my Ferrari's and two motorcycles and their work is impeccable to say the least. It's not often that I encounter a group of guys so passionate and dedicated to their work. I would highly recommend them without any reservation.

2. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    What say me now??? I have had the clear bra from Premier on the front bumper and wheel wells of my 360 on for almost a year and it is still as blemish free and the fit is as perfect as the day I had it installed. Furthermore, Dave at Premier will NEVER release a car until it is perfect and stands behind all of his work. There you have it.

3. RonnieF430Spider

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C

I agree. furthermore, Colm, who, to my knowledge, does not own a Ferrari, is full of it. Need proof of that....he stated that a bumper work at Premier is between $2000.00 and $2500.00. No one has ever paid that.
    Case closed.

4. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    I have been following this thread and the comments on other forums,here is my .02 .I have had all my personal vehicles done by Premier and literally dozens of my customers (auto concierge)and a few vehicles done while i was the GM at Performance Art,the only job i have seen that was not quite up to par was a black 430 spider which had a cloudy appearance on the film installed on the doors which Sammy and the crew took care of promptly if the job is not top quality why not contact Sammy and get it rectified?.

As someone in the auto reconditioning field myself i know how hard these guys work and the pride they take in the fit and finish of the end product,in addition venture film is superior in clarity to the 3M films and from a detailers perspective is easier to polish and buff for maintaining the film's appearance.Premier is expensive but top quality and cheap and or fast is a oxyMORON,one customer of mine had a 360 Stradale and Premier re-did the almost impossible to cover carbon mirrors at least three times do to slight air pockets not because the customer complained but when i detailed the car i noticed this and mentioned it,the owner of this car is anal and has Premier wrap all of his cars not to mention they are the only company i know of that wrap the ENTIRE surface of the vehicle and we are talking about million dollar plus vehicles here with disassembly of body panels etc.... so in conclusion Premier is quality we all know this,am i also part of the vendor mafia ? yes Sammy,wilson and the crew are business partners and friends as well as Alex and James at Sharkwerks but anyone who knows me also knows this if Premier did not do quality work i would not use or tell my customers to go there because then that is a reflection on me.

5. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    I am very glad I got the 3M on my spider. I highly recommend it, but its entirely dependent on who is doing the work. On the tach, I believe youre stuck unless you want to replace the entire gauge cluster- which I heard is quite expensive. Although I also prefer the yellow, Id just stick with the red, unless it really bothers you. The car is terrific, I think youll grow to like it and you will be thrilled with the car. Congratulations!

best regards,
    Jerry

6. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You are wrong about his ownership credentials, this just demonstrates that your knowledge is incomplete. I've asked you not to attack another user and stick to your experiences.

7. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    I would highly recommend getting your car protected otherwise it will be pepperd with stone chips, and it does not take long.

I would have do disagree with you on your words about Premier. They have done both of my Ferrari's at a fair price and a phenomenal job, heck you can't even tell the protection is there.

Have you given them a chance to rectify your problem?

8. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    to each of his own. i love clearbra & it'll always be on my car. however, i won't try hard selling it since some people just won't like it. people will always have different opinion anyways.

regarding Premier, there are only few (actually 1 of the 2 i'd use) people i trust to work on the bra job. Sam from Premier is one of the guy. u can't argue with the price until u see the quality of work. i've been using the clear protection product since 2002 & over 10 cars easy. i will not look back.

if u're close to LA feel free to stop by to check out the job. just PM me for detail.

9. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A respectful suggestion.. Maybe when providing an opinion we should elaborate a bit more. Each of us are presumably honest and well meaning, but may be misunderstood because our case was not presented to back up a statement. In this instance, it may be true that one person had a bad experience and another a good one. Best

10. RonnieF430Spider

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    Part of the confusion with this thread is that there are two different Premier's. The one that I have been referring to is Premier Motorsoprt in the Los Angeles area. They are a full service body shop that only works on Ferraris. The other Premier is Premier Clear Bra that is out of Northern California. I know nothing about them.
    But I will tell you that Premier Motorsport is considered one of the finest Ferrari body shops in the country.

11. Bird Man

Bird Man Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    N.cal./bay area
    I highly recommend Premiere as well for flawless, seamless clear bra installation.

They did both of my cars last year and the film and paint finish still looks good!!!

Waita minute, they did my 3rd car too!!!! E320....the result?????.....see ABOVE.......

Cuts in paint?? bubbles?? uneven application?? orange peel texture?? ......forget about 'em!!!!

12. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Driving a +$250K car without a clear bra is like a sailor entering a bordello without a condom. It's just not a smart idea.

Premier Protective Films of Fremont (CA) do a fantastic job and stand behind their work. I am super-happy with the work done on my 2 Ferraris and would recommend them to Felix Unger!

The most expensive thing is regret.

13. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I've put the 3M on every exotic I've ever had (except my 355, which I bought used back in '01). I highly recommend having it put on. The front of the car will take a beating over the next 5-10k miles, that's basically inevitable. Fine if it's an average car, but you don't those knicks & scratches on the front of a beautiful Ferrari.

14. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    you really should check your facts before posting. Colm owns a Barchetta 430 spider among some very special cars. Also, $2000-$2500 is pretty close if you wrap the hood, doors, rear bumper and quite a few other things. The 430's were if I remember correctly $1900. Carrera GT's and others are a little more.

That's of course not to say that I completely agree with Colm as I have had a good experience with Premier with their workmanship. However, the prices do tend to run high as they are very meticulous and spend a lot of time making things right. The venture shield was also not as durable as the 3m stuff.

Seriously though Ronnie, you should know who you are talking to before making blind statements and personally attack Colm as you show over and over again your ignorance on the person you are talking and the subject matter.

15. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Yes, subscribing to rosso will get you an approved signature. Many feel that the subscriptions are worth it. Depending on how you feel about this, you should be happy. It gets you more then just a cool signature.:)

Congrats on your new Spider, enjoy in good health.

16. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004

Whoa. That was a pretty long thread on rennlist. now, let me get this straight. Colm, you recommended a few guys to his clearshield installer because you think that it will come out much better than Premiere. But your guy ended up screw'n up the paint on their new porsches?! And youre saying that it is better than Premiere even though so many people here and abroad highly recommend them? Should we get our eyes checked or yours? I've had both my f430 / 360 done by Premiere without any issues whatsoever. 3600 miles the 360 and over 5000 on its big brother and it looks as good as the day it was first done. They do cost more, but I'd rather pay for quality than go cheap and get my fcars f*cked up by guys experimenting with my babies.

To the op, get it done or it would be a repaint every few thousand miles.

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    One other benefit is to simply hose off bug stains w/o scrubbing.

18. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Thanks guys!

It sounds like Premier isn't perfect, but who is. I need a quality shop that will stand behind what they do, and it appears that more of you think they do than they don't. I truly appreciate the feedback and kind words about my new ride.

This forum kicks ass!!!!

19. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    We at Premier are dedicated and 100% focused on quality of installation, product & service. When we have a claim, we will do what we can to assist in fixing the problem. However, in Colm’s situation, we have never been contacted of any issues whatsoever. If you indeed have an issue, we would be 100% happy to help you. However, there are certain facts we would like to bring up so that this community could form his / her opinion:

1. “Colm” in Dec 2006 said: “Premier did my car, a good job and no complaints…”, Thread:http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129119&page=3

*from this post, it’s about pricing and convenience. We are not mobile, which inconvenienced him to have to bring the car to our facility.

2. “Colm” in Feb 2007 states on rennlist: “I am in the Bay Area and there are many good installers, Premier, while good, happens to be one of the more expensive ones; and yes, I have experienced their work. No problems, but not any better (and more inconvenient for me) than others.” Thread:http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=329572

*5 months have passed since installation and no issues whatsoever except us being too inconvenient and expensive for him

In August of 2007, Colm posts: “Premier is not my first choice, their quality is OK and their prices are poor value.” Thread:http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=370012&page=2

*Close to a year has passed and you would see progression from “good” to “ok” and now “crap work”. Please keep in mind that this whole time no issues were ever brought up in his posts.

Now, we see Colm posting on this thread stating that our work is “poor installation” and a “crap job”. Since we completed the vehicle, no issues were ever brought to our attention nor have we seen the car since. So how does our installation go from being “good” one year ago to “ok” and then to being “poor”? Our installation, once completed, does not change and you have documented it in these posts yourself.

In this post on rennlist (http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=370012&page=3&highlight=clear+bra), it is apparent that you are referring people to your first choice of installer. However, the installation did not come out looking the way they expected it to. These new Porsche owners then came to us to see if we could help them. One in particular we couldn’t help because the razor cuts your installer put on various parts of the 997tt was so deep, it had to go into the body shop for a respray on the hood, front bumper and mirrors.

As someone mentioned earlier, personal attacks on a public forum like Fchat are unacceptable. We have never personally attacked you on any forum even though you have continuously provided negative feedback about us without showing any evidence of poor workmanship. We simply only ask there to be honesty in your statements

Once again, the progression in rhetoric has changed dramatically over the year from our installation quality going from:

1. 4 months after installation to be “good”
    2. 7 months after installation to be “ok”
    3. one year later to be “crap”

Once an installation is completed it is constant and does not change. We simply ask how did our installation quality change in Colm’s case over a span of one year? It only became “crap” after several guys who Colm referred to his installer got their cars hacked up, and they came to have us rectify the issue, which was then revealed by the customers themselves on a public forum.

As we have been doing for so many years, we stand by our work 100% as many of our customers on this forum and this thread have already made known and can testify. If any issues do arise, we would not hesitate to fix it. Colm, if you indeed have a legitimate claim, please contact us. If it is not convenient for you to bring your vehicle to us, then we will take the time to travel to your choice of location to have whatever issues addressed, if there are any. We take pride in our work and service, and look forward to the continual relationship we’ve built with the Fchat community near and abroad.