Safe public parking in Evanston? | FerrariChat

Safe public parking in Evanston?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by thumpnyc, Oct 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thumpnyc

thumpnyc Rookie

May 19, 2007
    Carmel, IN
    Any safe places to publicly park in Evanston? I'm heading up for a Northwestern football game and would love to take my f-car. I only will if I know it would be safe unattended for a few hours.

2. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    I am not sure that is possible. I did live in Evanston, but don't remember any really safe parking, unless you have a friend with a driveway.

3. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Pay someone "a little extra" to park in their driveway.
    you could also try Evanston Hospital... directly east of the field. Park her WAY up and in a corner of the deck.

you could park in my driveway, but you would need a cab to then get to the game. I'm about 3-4 miles away.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Evanston has several public parking garages, several of them in wealthy neighbourhoods. I have parked there as well as in public parking garages in Chicago downtown. Not really an issue. That's what you have insurance for.

5. thumpnyc

thumpnyc Rookie

May 19, 2007
    Carmel, IN
    Thanks for the input, guys.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    You're going to a Wildcat game. Not exactly the Meadowlands. Your biggest risk is getting over-chamoied by the ample plaid-clad rear end of the woman climbing out of the Bentley parked next to you.