Visiting NYC... | FerrariChat

Visiting NYC...

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Stephanie, Oct 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    I will be visiting NYC next month and I know there's a lot to do. I only have about four days there, some of which must be spent with family, but I want to experience the best, most fun things the city has to offer! What would you recommend that I check out while I'm there? Thanks in advance. :D

2. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    McSorley's Ale House, Peter Lugar's (Brooklyn), Lotus, China Town, Top of the Rock, The Lennox Lounge.

As you say, just my $.02!

Have fun.

Cheers.

3. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Welcome to the infamous NYTS section.

If you happen to travel into Brooklyn and a creepy guy in a yellow Murcielago tries to "give you a ride" don't get in, no matter how much candy he promises you.

...and if he opens his doors and seems like hes waiting for something to happen, keep all articles of clothing on and go about your business.

Thank me later

4. bointc

bointc Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Jersey City, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    LOL, see Dave? We give good advice and don't scare anyone away :) (Oh yea, the same guy might offer to take you to Scores :p)

Luger's is REAL good, um... There's that Buddhakan place that I've been meaning to try, that I've heard about on this board, might wanna try that...

5. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    whiskey blue for some good martinis:)

6. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    LOL...good one Chris. You saved her pal...lol

7. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    Come out with us Stephanie....young, intelligent, and smokinnnggg gorgeous...how can we resist.

8. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    FChat Club night?

9. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    You need to actually bring your Ferrari.

Oh, and if you park that close to my car in the warehouse again, I'm gonna have to cut through your roof to get in my car!

10. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    Lol, I didn't park it that close. Plus if you cut through my roof I think that offically totals my car so I can claim my agreed upon insurance value:D

11. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    You're welcome! :p

12. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    Haha the roof costs like 30k to replace. Seriosuly though I didn't know the car was parked next to you or that close.

13. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    No worries, dude. I blame Steve.

Meanwhile, 30k for a 355 roof? I thought they cost more to get a replacement. Maybe that was a full system replacement...

14. LAMBOJOE

LAMBOJOE F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2006
    Brooklyn NY
    Full Name:
    Joey
    you ass clown.

Stephanie come with us to Scores :D
    Try going to the meat packing district, it packed at night.

15. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    yeah the canvas is only like 4k, but know you, you do not leave anything half assed. I would only expect complete roof destruction from you. Value of new 355 roof, approx 30-40k:) and thats if ferrari decides they want to make one for you;)

16. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    I am down for anything and everything after this week.
    (except weekdays)

17. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did the OP even respond yet? LOL

All first-timers should see Times Square just to get it out of their system. Visit all the crappy tourist traps. Pay $20 to get your name painted on a piece of paper in some type of oriental style. Eat the crappy, over-priced food. Be done.

Then take a rickshaw to Central Park and eat at Tavern on the Green. Rickshaws are better than horses because they don't smell and they're faster. It may be borderline slave work, but that's their choice.

Make sure that the bar you are walking into is not a transgender bar, unless that's what you're into.

Enjoy.

18. Ferrarispeed28

Ferrarispeed28 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    NY/AZ
    Full Name:
    Evan
    That was by far one of the best posts I have seen it a long time. Especially

"Pay $20 to get your name painted on a piece of paper in some type of oriental style. Eat the crappy, over-priced food. Be done."

19. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I think we need a "Welcome to NYC, Ferrari Chat Tourists" thread...

20. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Thanks, guys! I'll heed all warnings. ;) :p

I spent a day in NYC about three years ago, but our main goal was to see the Christmas Spectacular. We passed through Times Square, which was really neat. I felt like I was going to get mugged in China Town and I'd never want to go back. I got to pass by Rockefeller Center and stop in a few shops, but we were really rushed, unfortunately.

Any restaurants, shops, bars, nightclubs that shouldn't be missed? I can still be quite the partier sometimes, so I want to have a GREAT time. The aforementioned, Whiskey Blue, has been noted as I am a major fan of martins. :)

I'll actually be staying in Brooklyn. Anything in that area worth seeing, as well?

21. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    Hey, Steph,
    Remember the 'Dirty Old Man' repellent I gave you?
    I told you you were gonna need it!
    Aside: Check out the art museums during the day...:)

22. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Brooklyn is a wonderful place. You really need a guide to do it right. Coney Island. Tontonno's Pizza, near the old parachute jump. Nearby, Little Odessa, there are half a dozen different Russian nightclubs, which can be a blast if you go with Russians and have a sense of humor about the campiness of the 'stage shows.' Peter Lugers in Williamsburg, best go for late lunch, dinner can be a beating. A walk on the Promenade in Brooklyn Heights. A cocktail at the River Cafe- you should be 'dressed,' it is a fancy restaurant. Serious Jamaican beef patties at Christo's, near the Prospect Park Arch. The best Italian food in NY at a place called the Queen, on Court St. in downtown Brooklyn. (Hint- order only the specials, and lot's of appetizers; everything, from the bread to the desserts, is homemade).
    You can be in lower Manhattan in a matter of minutes. I don't know the current nightclubs and late night joints, but know most of the restaurants. The Museums are worth seeing, but take time. (Brooklyn also has a wonderful museum near Prospect Park, and a stunning botanical garden adjacent to it). Walking is the best way to see the city, and when you get tired, hop a cab or the subway. A carriage ride through Central Park sounds hokey, but can be wonderful. The serious boutiques used to be on Madison Avenue in above 57th St., but there are wonderful stores scattered throughout the City, depending on what you are shopping for.

23. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Sounds great! I'll probably copy/paste all of the suggestions and send them to my best friend in an e-mail. Haha. I'd really like to check out the museums and she's really into that, as well, so I'm sure we'll knock out a couple of those at some point.

Also, my brother, sister-in-law, nephew (3 1/2), and niece (9mo.) will probably be spending Friday with me while my friend is at work. Are there things that we can do as a family with a couple of little ones in the city?

24. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was totally serious about the rickshaw...it's as close as you can get to owning a personal slave while not committing a felony.

25. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Yeah, I know what they are. We have them in downtown Orlando. :)

Also, I'd love to check out Coney Island, but the season is over (I just Googled it). It might be neat to check out the aquarium, though.