FoW Track Day Summit Point | FerrariChat

FoW Track Day Summit Point

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 4REphotographer, Oct 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So whos going next weekend, from what I have seen it looks like it will be great. Im only going to be able to go Saturday but still looks like it should be a good time.

2. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
    I heard the track was finally repaved last week!

3. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #3 toggie, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I am going both days and will be running in the red group with the 360. Yea, I was talking to Redding and he said they repaved!!! Going to give my buddy a call, he was racing there this weekend, see what he has to say about the track. I heard someone hit a deer last weekend!! Thats what really scars me about Summit!

Robert

5. VA Viper

VA Viper Karting

Aug 17, 2007
    MD/DC/VA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hey guys,
    I hate to be a total Noob, but this would be my first track event so I have a few questions -Does anyone know if it's too late to register? Would anyone have or know where I can borrow a helmet for a day? And last, are there any specifications for the mandated fire extinquisher, or will the 3lb multipurpose dry chemical bottles I have laying around do?
    Robb

6. newmembersteve

newmembersteve Karting

Jun 26, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    I don't think it's too late to register - give Redding at FOW a call first thing monday morning.

You can rent a helmet at OG racing in Sterling - stop by when you take your car in for the track inspection.

And I think your extinguisher ought to be ok - it's the same I use and nobody complained.

7. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It's probably not too late. Redding is pretty forgiving. The only problem with registering late is you may not get lunch if he already ordered food. You are supposed to have a helmet with an SA Snell rating, different than a motorcycle helmet. You may be able to buy one at the track from OG Racing. Call OG in sterling and make sure they are going to be open that day at the track.

Also the car needs to go through tech. If it's a ferrari FOW usually does this for free. They want to see: Good brakes, good hoses and belts, fresh brake fluid and good tires. I think there is a check list you can take to your mechanic on the FOW website. Redding can tell you if you can take it somewhere else. I've heard if you have a recept showing a recent brake job and fluid flush within 6 months they will let you slide. Brake fluid picks up moisture, the higher temp brake fluid picks up even more. Good brake fluid should handle at least 400 degrees without boiling. If there is any moisture you will lose brakes at 212 degrees. I can't remember how picky they are about the size of the fire bottle and I have seen them held in with plastic tie wraps. I have also seen them tech cars at the track but you will miss a couple of sessions by the time they finsih with your car. Again check the FOW website or call Redding ASAP. I don't get involved much with the tech issue but I can answer any of the on track questions.

8. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    guys, to all attending, please please PLEASE watch out for deer...especially btw turn 3 and the chute. I was racing there last weekend and it one at 115 mph. Thank god I was ok, but the car got a good 12k in damage and that is never fun. Keep an EXTRA eye out for those guys at the track because they are really moving about and can and will do ALOT of damage to your car if you manage to hit one.

I still love that track to death though and am going back in Nov.

9. amyk

amyk Rookie

Mar 13, 2007
    maryland
    Full Name:
    Amy K
    Nathan and i are planning on going to the track on Saturday. See yall there!
    Amy

10. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Amy,
    Carrie is bringing Elisa to the track Saturday if you wanna bring the girls, they can hang together.

Robert

11. amyk

amyk Rookie

Mar 13, 2007
    maryland
    Full Name:
    Amy K
    Hey Robert, that would have been fun, but we already had a sitter since we are supposed to be working that weekend... We're playing hookie on Saturday, though. Tell Carrie and Elisa the girls say hi! I'm looking forward to a lovely day at the track!

12. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Might drive up to Summit Saturday. Maybe go same time? You are on my way.

13. amyk

amyk Rookie

Mar 13, 2007
    maryland
    Full Name:
    Amy K
    Sounds like a plan!

14. V12Kid

V12Kid Rookie

Mar 29, 2004
    Centreville, Va
    Full Name:
    matt
    I will be there, if anyone wants their cars photographed let me know!

15. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
  16. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
  17. Pantera1889

Pantera1889 Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2006
    Maryland
    I ran the NASA event this weekend with my GT40 ! The track is INCREDIBLE!! The grip was amazing and it is super smooth.They did a GREAT job on the paving.I ,personally,didn't see any deer but I heard that a few people did.No hits that I know of.
    Have fun next weekend!

Ron

18. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Just back from factory tour. Sunday only for me with my "new" '99 360.

19. stormin

stormin Karting

Sep 16, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Norm W
    Hey everyone, I'll be there both days as well! My brother is flying up from Florida for the weekend so he can hang out with us at the track. I'm bringing both the F430 and the 911 Turbo (which will be my "primary" track car for the weekend)!

See everyone at the track!

Norm

20. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Does anyone know if the Enzo is going to be there again this time?

21. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I heard from a reliable source, no. But things change sometimes.

Robert

22. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    O well I am sure I will see a lot of other great cars.

23. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yea, just hearing the 430 challenge cars is a real treat!!!! Man they are loud!! Make sure to introduce yourself, I don't think we have met. I will be driving my yellow 360, I am number 71 and I usually park over against the trees.

Robert

24. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Trying to get up there on Saturday, its always a blast! Hope to see a bunch of you guys up there, maybe someone will have some open seats for the time Im not taking pictures?? :)

25. VA Viper

VA Viper Karting

Aug 17, 2007
    MD/DC/VA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    All the slots have been spoken for, and I wasn't able to register.. If anyones interested, I promise to name my first unborn Son/Daughter to anyone who takes me for a ride!