355 Winter Projects | FerrariChat

355 Winter Projects

Discussion in '348/355' started by Oengus, Oct 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Well it looks like my 355 will be deliverd around the 1st week in Nov. I figure I wont get too much driving time in befoe the snow flys.
    I was wondering what winter projects I can do in order to keep myself grounded from not being able to drive.

I have the challenge grill and wheel spacers on order from Daniel at Ricambi...........so thats 2 projects!!

What else do you guys suggest?

Thanks
    Chas

2. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    Have you seen it in person? I'm sure the interior will need some amount of work to get perfect... repainting consoles or adding carbon fiber etc.

3. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Those 2 projects will take all of 3hrs to do....now what to do for the rest of the winter...lol

4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

I KNOW...................Im gonna need some other thigs to do over the OH winter..............

5. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Havent seen it in person Eric but all of the pics Ive been sent look good.....................not sure if Im a carbon fibre guy or not!

6. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Hey Chas:

Can I ask you what shipping company you are using?

7. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

I used Intercity last time.....I'll probably us them again............nice people!!

8. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    congrats on the upcoming new arrival! Plenty to do...interior will take some time, removing pieces, cleaning well, repainting (I'm also not a fan of all-carbon interiors).

Is your timing belt up to date? (done within past 3-4 yrs)? I'm at 3.5 yrs now, so this winter planning on pulling the motor for the major.

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Hi Jay
    yes they are doing the 30k major and updating the valve guides before shipping.
    Also putting on test pepis and an O-XST exhaust......so mechnically speaking I'll be good to go..............just the cosmetics may need attending to.

10. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Jay I just noticed your username.....
    my buddys nephew played for UConn up until last year........we went to a fe games to watch him.

Preston was the name.............

11. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Doing the cosmetics is always a great idea for the winter months...just take your time and enjoy....this is bonding time with your new mistress..lol