Laser Interceptor? | FerrariChat

Laser Interceptor?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by mclc26, Oct 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mclc26

mclc26 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    It seems in the past few months there has been an increase in the use of laser by law enforcement in the NY area. My V1 is essentially useless - by the time the alarm goes off, it's too late. Feeling the need to get a jammer - I was just about to go with a Lidatek, but the Laser Interceptor has tested better from what I've seen.

Does anyone know where to buy the Laser Interceptor? Searches on the yet have yielded nada in terms of a place to pick one of these up...

Any help is appreciated..

2. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I'd recommend the M22 blinder.

Tested and verified by me with NYPD issue gear as being effective...

3. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Are these legal?

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Not in Michigan or California..

http://www.blinderxtreme.com/

...and the M20 and the M40 are the same thing. The M20 does the front. The M40 does the front and rear. (I stand corrected, by the way, it's M20, not M22)

5. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I have these on both my daily and 911 and so far so good.

Best place to get it installed would be Technik1...call Gus and tell him that Eric and Emil sent ya.

You'll be in good hands. :)

6. mclc26

mclc26 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Wouldn't take my car anywhere else...Gus is the best!

I heard he switched to the Blinder instead of Lidatek...Lidatek is apparently updating there jammer and isn't selling the older model anymore...New version should be out in '08...

Blinder sounds good, but from the tests I've seen, the Interceptor performed better...Just can't find it anywhere.

7. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Blinder and Lidatek are both garbage units, they both allow PT at all kinds of distances. If you want a reliable unit get yourself a LPP or better yet an LI, I have 3 LI's already. They produce a JTG on just about every gun out there, 100% all the guns in NY. It jams straight through even up till you pass the LEO so I would suggest one of these, and they double as a parking sensor. If yu want to get one of the units and cannot locate where to get one let me know and I can hook it up for you.

8. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Gentlemen, any issues with integrated radar & laser jammers in the Porsche cars? I.e. any issues with the native electronics etc.? I'm thinking of outfitting the new Cayman S with the latest and greatest in radar/jamming technology (and hoping I don't have to drive in Virginia, Michigan, Cali or wherever else they aren't legal too often).

Just wanted to know whether I can expect electrics/telemetry gremlins...
    Thanks for the advice as always.
    Cheers,
    J.

9. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    No issues what so ever...just make sure that you use a good technician to install the units and integrate them accordingly.

10. Lazy Ace

Lazy Ace Rookie

Feb 20, 2007
    Cody, Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferguson
    I've got a V1 as well and had K40's installed on both the front and back. Definately saved me once in the last few months but its not as much early warning as a regular detector.

11. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Just an FYI, K40's stopped working around 5 years ago. You might as well go back to your dealer, thank him for completely robbing you and then telling him to take those pieces of **** our of your car. There giving you a false sense of security, believe me k40 is the absolute worst, well maybe right after rocky mountain radar LOL

12. C6DVL

C6DVL Formula Junior

Jul 28, 2005
    Queens, NY
    Full Name:
    Ed K
    can you PM me where I can buy LPP or LI

Thanks ;)

-Ed

13. cmcjo

cmcjo Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If you can post the info it would be better. I would like to know also.
    And I have a K40 in my Daily driver and it saved me a few times when It picked up the car in front of me getting blasted.
    I would not know if the laser part of it works though but I do have that as well.
    THANKS

14. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Google it boys!

Check out the boys of lidar and the radardetector forums for all you seek!

-N

15. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    I actually have 1 set of LI I bought for my 430 which im not gonna put on. So 650.00 to the first pm'er and you can have em.

16. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    PM sent!

17. cmcjo

cmcjo Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Why are you not using it Fazooley? Did you go with something else.

18. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005

I'm actually selling my 430spyder as of this week. Just listed it in ferrariads :(

19. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    bump for doing something i should not have

20. b3n84

b3n84 Rookie

Dec 11, 2007
    fazooley, did you end up selling your interceptor? I live in Queens and would love to drive to you and take it off your hands.

21. aviator79

aviator79 Rookie

Jan 30, 2008
    I hope this is not rude as I have not read your forum rules, but I happened upon this thread and wanted to post about the Group buy I am running. I just took it over, it was started on an STI forum. I will likeley host it on my mazda forum. Here is the Group intrest thread I started today. I can start one on here if that would be more proper but it would be easier if those that are interested just join the mazda forum. Different forums have different ruls about offsite linking so I hope this is ok.
    Here is the GI post on my forum:
    http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=91183

This is the first post

I was searching around about laser Jammers last night and found that the LI (Laser Intercepter), which is the best jammer on the market. I tried to search to find out how much and where to buy and I came upon a GB in the STI forum. Today I called the US vendor and he quoted me $650. I am now going to be hosting that GB so I want to decide if there is any intrest over here on such a device as I am definitly getting one. The reason I am taking over is because the OP had to drop out due to a recent preganacy. Here is the info:
    http://www.iwsti.com/forums/i-c-e-security...-group-buy.html

"I contacted the Laser Interceptor people and inquired if they would like to do a group buy. They will let us do one with the following discounts:

5%: 5-10 units
    10%: 11-20 units
    20%: 21-30 units

The price starts at about $550 for 2 heads, with each additional head costing $175. A "unit" would be 2 heads, for this GB.

So, please post up if you are seriously interested. As in, I'll send money tomorrow. I'd rather not get a big list of yes's to only have a few come GB time.
    "
    "
    A bit of a background. The Laser Interceptor is a Laser jammer. At the last Guys of LIDAR test, the Laser Interceptor was the BEST one they tested. Learn more here
    ."
    "They would come to a single address in the US, then be sent to the buyers."
    "In case people don't know this is the best laser jammer around."

Here is a test that was done that shows how well this unit works:
    http://www.guysoflidar.com/march-2007/laser-jammer-test.html

Looking on radardetectors.net forum I found that most all say that LI hands down is the jammer to own if you want to be wory free of ever getting a ticket again.

So if we got 21+ this $650 unit would cost $440
    I am in. There are at least 5 others over there that are in and another 20 with intrest but on the fence. S0 please vote and reply if you vote that you would be in. Please spread the word as we know so many people dont go out of certain forums. I sort of wish I had posted this in the mazdaspeed forum, but that would just be wrong. I may eventually post something up there about it though I know the mods will be mad so please show me that your interested in this.
    SO people know I have done GB's before here is the second one I just hosted:
    Mazdaspeed 6 Rear Differential Mount GB

22. Challenge_Stradale

May 14, 2005
    NY
  23. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York

What about the newest version of the K40 Laser jammer - the KX2? I hear great things about them

24. BCS

BCS Karting

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ/NY
    Full Name:
    Bill
    im interested as well... keep us posted.