Light adjustment | FerrariChat

Light adjustment

Discussion in '348/355' started by notbostrom, Oct 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Are the "driving" lights in the lower spoiler adjustable or aim-able? Can't find anything in the manual. My main headlights are fine but i'd like to adjust the others

Ben

2. notbostrom

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
  3. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I don't know of a factory aiming system per se on the fog lights (all that I've done to my fog lights has been to add $18 worth of invisible 3M film to protect the fragile plastic lenses from road/track debris), but you can always add washers behind some light assembly unit screws (e.g. on top to aim the light more downward) or shim pieces of paper behind the plastic if for some reason you need to direct them a bit differently than OEM.

Also, switching between the euro fog light lenses and U.S. fog light lenses will provide different beam aiming patterns of light spread.

It does make a difference if your fog light bulbs have a blue dot on the forward end of each bulb, too. We use H1 bulbs in those assemblies but H1 bulbs come in blue dot and non-blue dot versions, each with different glares for oncoming drivers.

4. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I thought that the screws behind the black metal insert covers (on the inboard side of the lamps) did the adjustments.

5. notbostrom

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben

They do, I'm just not sure what screw does what and in which direction