Power locks & mirrors on same fuse? | FerrariChat

Power locks & mirrors on same fuse?

Discussion in '308/328' started by bergxu, Oct 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hey all;

Am sitting here @ my office on lunch thinking about all things Ferrari of course and was wondering if anyone happened to know off hand whether the power mirrors and power locks are on the same circuit on my '82 GTSi. Both have stopped working and both at the same time. Going to check the fuses tonight anyhow (i do have the Birdman boxes in my car BTW). I'd check the online owners manual at ferrariusa.com but Merrill Lynch blocks it (so I have to use my Treo as I'm doing right now) to get on ANY Ferrari sites.....agonizing!!!

Cheers;
    Aaron
    '82 GTSi

2. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    The only thing I have access to is the 308 QV Euro manual online here at the office, and it does not indicate one way or the other if the locks and the mirrors are on the same fuse.

The actual manual (maybe the scanned version) has the entire eletrical system, but I've never traced those 2 components.

Someone else?

James in Denver

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    By a strange coincidence, the later US 308i OM on the Owners Site is missing page 102, which has some of the fuse descriptions, but I think they didn't get that detailed in the labeling anyway. I put 30 seconds into tracing the +12V power (the RN wire) from the mirror switch to the fuse box, and it seems to go to fuse #6 -- but recheck that.

4. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Thanks guys, when I get up to my workshop and can retrieve my OM from the car, I'll have a quick gander (and will also check that wiring to the fuses!)

Cheers,
    Aaron
    '82 GTSi

5. SCOPE

SCOPE Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    melbourne australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Funny you should ask.

Only yesterday had to replace fuse for the rear view mirrors which is also the fuse for the heater controls.

It is not the same fuse for the power lock, at least not on my car.1986 328GTS.

7.5 amps and about third along from the left end when in the car.

All the best

Tony