Badges for a 2007 599 | FerrariChat

Badges for a 2007 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by Arby, Oct 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arby

Arby Rookie

Feb 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hello everyone, I am looking for some after market badges for a 599 GTB, that look as close to the factory ones as possible. Does anyone know of a source for these or does anyone have some? I would appreciate any help possible.
    Thank you

2. NHeerDesign

NHeerDesign Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Which badges? Scuderia shields, front badge, rear badge, Pininfarina script? All 4? It'll help narrow down the search.

3. davyr6

davyr6 Karting

Feb 17, 2007
    belgium
    Full Name:
    davy
    i think he means the badge inside 'worldchampion 200...'

4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I assumed he meant outside badges to put on a corvette...

5. Arby

Arby Rookie

Feb 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am looking for the sheilds that go on the front fenders. The Ferrari Sheilds.

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The 599 uses a different shield than the other cars. It is p/n 68578900, and costs around $800/ea

7. Arby

Arby Rookie

Feb 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    looking for Scuderia front shields.

8. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    #8 Tad Cody, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since the real answer has been posted, I'll say 'Welcome to Fchat', and that I hope these are for a real 599... and include some levity...

-Tad
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    if you want to put it on a 599, which wouldnt make any sense, your out of luck, there is an indentation where the shields go on the fenders... if your not why on earth would you pay 800 dollars for a shield?

10. NHeerDesign

NHeerDesign Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Nick
    http://www.ferraripartsexchange.com/emblems.htm

Unfortunately, that's the only one where I could find them. Tried searching the part number on a few other sites, but with no luck. You could order them through a Ferrari dealer, I think.

11. msb

msb Karting

Oct 12, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Marcello
  12. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Before you go ahead, I'd suggest you read the posts under the 456/550/575 thread "scuderia shields on 456?"

13. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Ok, I'll play along.......if you have a 599 , don't they come with the shields already? If not, why not have the dealership
    put them on? Spend 400k + on a car and go cheap on the shields?

14. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Okay, I'm assuming you're really serious, and that you've given this decision the requisite thought.

Specialized Italian Parts, and a number of private sellers, have had these on eBay for a long time. They're aftermarket, but far cheaper than the ones you get through the dealer.

I won't even ask why your car didn't come with them, or whether this is a permanent change you REALLY want to make.

15. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Surprisingly, more than just a handful of 599's have shipped without shields. I am about 90% certain the aftermarket 'metal' shields will not fit a 599. The fender profile is closest to a TR in terms of flatness, but not quite. The pre-curved metal shields would need to be made specifically for a 599 profile.

If you have a new 599, and want shields, I'd go OEM and have a place like (Premier?) in Los Angeles properly recess the fender.

16. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Exactly...have Premier in LA (authorized Ferrari auto body) stamp the fenders using a factory jig and bolt on the OEM shields. Not cheap but right!! :D

17. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mullet
    is it possible to stamp a fender that is already painted and not ruin the paint?

18. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Not really. The fender must be resprayed.

19. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mullet
    ok, that's what I was thinking.

With all the talk of respraying front ends and such on F cars I wonder what they will all look like in 10 years? I can see it now on Ebay.............

2000 360 for sale
    1. low mileage 12546
    2. front end has been resprayed 14 times.
    3. Please disreguard the 4 different colors on the front end and see #2 above.

;)

20. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Why does Ferrari still have this as an option? Why aren't they standard on all cars?

To the original poster, like stated above, it isn't an easy (or cheap) process... and to do it right, you would have to have your fenders stamped with the indention for the factory ones to be bolted on... then have your fenders resprayed. (I think the clear coat goes over the shields too).

If you look on eBay though, there are inexpensive "stick on" ones that give the same look. But I'd never put that on a real Ferrari.

21. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Because there are more than a few customers that prefer the lines on the car without the shields, and as a means to not cheapen what the shields stand for by putting them on a road car. But it's a personal choice -- and should remain a *choice*. Oh, and Ferrari rewards those who prefer to honor the shields' heritage with an extra $1500 to spend elsewhere! Score!

22. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    because some people myself included don't like the look on some of the cars such as the 599. Also they are hmm interesting to have put on your ROAD cars when they were originally put onto the ferrari RACE cars and stand for the ferrari racing team

o and its another way for ferrari to get a easy grand outta ya