Ferrari storage in Ft. Lauderdale???? | FerrariChat

Ferrari storage in Ft. Lauderdale????

Discussion in 'Florida' started by K-WELLS, Oct 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. K-WELLS

K-WELLS Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    MELVILLE, NY
    Full Name:
    KW
    I am a New Yorker looking to store my car near Ft. Lauderdale airport in a self storage facility for the winter to have avaliable when I vacation. I am obviously looking for something safe and secure. Any suggestions?????

2. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Scott best guy for the job...but he is in boca.

3. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Yeah:
    Scotty at The Carcierge.
    He is up in Boca, about 30min north from Ft. Lauderdale but has a concierge service that will meet you at the airport if necessary.

4. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    +1 ... go with Scottie

5. chefrobear

chefrobear Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    Scottie gets 2 thumbs up from me!!!

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Carcierge is best choice.

If you insist being near the airport, call Tim Stanford for his opinion

7. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Scottie @ The Carcierge............... Or, in my garage!!!! :)

8. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Scottie's is the place to be. The Carcierge for sure! Fred, you have too many sports cars as it is and you don't need another Ferrari to put in your garage!;)

9. K-WELLS

K-WELLS Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    MELVILLE, NY
    Full Name:
    KW
    im just looking for a decent safe self storage place near the airport to take a freakin cab too, the last guy I need on my payroll at this point in my life is "scotty the concierge from boca" thanks for his referral but im looking for just a run of the mill self storage

10. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    Leave it at my house. There's still power steering fluid on the floor of the garage from the last car you left there though.

11. chefrobear

chefrobear Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    LOL

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    +1 Scott is your best choice, no question.

If however you really want to be in Fort Lauderdale Motorcar Gallery (established 1984) has always stored a few cars, including major historic Ferraris and will do so at reasonable cost. They are 10 minutes north of FLL airport.

Call Ed Waterman the owner: 954 522 9900.

Hope it helps.

13. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    well: www.selfstorage.com

and all the others.

Then there is always airport parking offsite. $6/day or $180/mo. Does not get more convenient than that, they even have a shuttle that takes you to the lot and you save the $40 for the cab ride. Of course if you want to have covered parking and come and go when you want and have someone to start your car when you need it...there is Scotty. I find his rates VERY reasonable for the service he offers.

14. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    LOL. You can NEVER have too many sports cars......... and regarding Ferrari's, "NEED" is a subjective word............ LOL ;)

15. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Well, you can fill up the gas tank, take it to overtown in Miami, leave the keys in it, and post some nasty racial words on it. Park it wherever you want. I'm sure it will be safe..............

16. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Seriously..........

I know there was talk of a car storage facitlity in Ft. Laud., but I don't know if it progressed.

You can always try 'Public Storage' or some sort of storage place like that. However, I don't know if I would trust leaving a Ferrari at one of those places. I guess you could. However, my guess is that the monthly fee for a unit big enough would be at least $250 per month, perhaps more (I really have no idea), when for a few bucks more you could get The Carcierge which is insured and will make sure your car is ok while you're gone.

If you are in a bind, you really could leave your car in my garage for a bit. I live in Weston, which is about 20 minutes west of the Ft. Laud. Airport.

17. TrentS

TrentS Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2005
    South Florida
    http://www.parkplacecarcondo.com/

I don't know if it ever got built or not, haven't paid any attention, but if he thinks Scottie is too expensive that place might give him a heart attack.

18. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    If you don't mind driving a bit south of FLL, I suggest PUBLIC STORAGE of Aventura. 21288 Biscayne Boulevard. (305) 935-1845. Property Maneger Jimmy.
    Very safe and convenient location, across from Gulfstream Racetrack/Park. Month to month self storage units, different sizes. Several hi end cars are stored there. Electronic gate, and quick access to and from I-95.

19. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Thanks to everyone for their support. Always apreciate the good word.

To answer K-Wells original inquiry. Self storage is an option, I can suggest several reasons why is it a bad option. Most of the "secure" facilities are not very secure - everyone that has a unit or has HAD a unit has an access code. I know of NONE that are lagre enough to store an automobile that are also climate controled. Most are not designed to deal with hurricanes. Finally, none offer the range of services, for caring for your car and for you, that we offer - and at $375/month the cost is only 20-30% more then unsecure, unclimate controlled storage at a facility with no services available.

When we opened The Carcierge four years ago, it was because we could not find adequate - secure, climate controlled - storage for our own cars. The added services are just a bonus, because that is the way we see this business being run - it is all about serving our customer's needs.

ParkPlace will be beautiful when it gets built. So far, the developer does not have enough commitments to break ground. We share a nice relationship and I hope that their business model eventually succeeds, as it would go a long way towards financing my own plans and dreams for The Carcierge.

K-Wells - I would be more than happy to discuss this with you, further, offline. You can reach me at [email protected] or (561) 241-6696.

20. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    $375???? how do you manage that? The real estate the car sits on costs more per month.

21. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Scottie is also a FOREX trader. He got the program from that Sunday AM infomercial. The $375 is turned into around $655 per month using this proven system.
    :D
    BT

22. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    wow at that much I think I could get you more clientele....

edit-he also rents out for music videos!!! lol