Sixth Annual Algar Ferrari-Maserati Road Rally | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sixth Annual Algar Ferrari-Maserati Road Rally

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dm_n_stuff, Oct 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

I am Dave! Yesterday, Michele and I made our way back to the Unionville area for a cruise in the car. We ended up at the Whip Tavern and had a great day in the car and together. I think I have her convinced that she needs to join us for the Algar event.

Joe

2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    My wife had some mail squirreled away that she forgot to tell me about. Guess what one of them was???? My invitation. Totally innocent I am sure. I will be sending off the application pronto. IM IN!!!

3. smithbb

smithbb Karting

Jan 27, 2003
    Lancaster, PA
    Full Name:
    Brad Smith
    Well its been a long time since a post for me so I'm out of the loop. Sold the TR, now have 430 and lo and behold, I got an invite too. Hope to be at the rally with the wife. So based on past experience for some of you, is this an "aggressive" event or "enjoy the scenes" event? I don't think my wife will appreciate 926 at shall we say, race mode. Did anyone do the September rally in VA?

Brad

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I know that I can just call Heather and sign up but I have a question. Does Algar invite people based on whether they've bought a car from there or not. I've serviced three of my cars there so far and I have never been invited to anything! Oh well. I guess I'll call and be happy with the treatment I get... ;)

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I think the more annoying you are to them the more invitations you get.

I got about six.

you got zero.

You do the math. :D

Hope to see you there!!!

Dave

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

From what I've heard it's a "make it what you want to" kind of drive. I intend to be in the "old fart" category. More in pursuit of the correct answers to the route related questions, and less interested in airing out all 200 hp on the Dino.

does that help any?

Dave

7. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    I got my invite a couple of weeks ago and didn't realize it was here. To AJS328, I haven't bought a car from Algar, but have always been invited. I have had my car serviced there a few times. They are very cool, so it was probably sent to wrong address or something as I think they automatically send to any names and addresses ion file. Not sure if we can make it or not, but will try.-Bob

8. smithbb

smithbb Karting

Jan 27, 2003
    Lancaster, PA
    Full Name:
    Brad Smith
    Dave, thanks for the insight. I'll probably be doing the old fart approach as well, guess I'll see. Never did one before so I'm in the greenhorn category. Maybe I'll see you there. Doubt I'll miss a Dino, nice! Have to say that is one of the best looking designs they ever did.

9. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You've mentioned 926... are you in the Chadds Ford area?

10. smithbb

smithbb Karting

Jan 27, 2003
    Lancaster, PA
    Full Name:
    Brad Smith
    Qsilver, no but reasonably close, Lancaster. My wife used to live in Unionville though and I always enjoyed the 926 route in my '76 Saab. Back roads berzerking in a F car can only be that much better.

11. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Interesting and agreed. :)

Joe

12. mondialmerle

mondialmerle Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Egg Harbor Township,NJ
    Full Name:
    Merle Graham
    The number for Heather is 610-527-1100 not 610-577

13. FDR

FDR Rookie

Oct 21, 2007
    Come on guys we would love to see as many people as we can get. We didn't intentionally leave anyone off of our mailing list. So please don't take it personally if you didn't receive an invite. Plus remember you don't need to be in a Ferrari to participate. Look forward to seeing everyone who has already registered. RSVP date is Monday (8/22).
    P.S. Congratulations Kimi and Ferrari - F-1 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
    Francis

14. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    I may...but the car isnt exactly uhh..ear friendly...

15. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    I registered today...see you Sunday.

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm gonna start cleaning, polishing, buffing etc, tomorrow. Everyone knows that a slippery clean car will run more effeciently.

I will be bringing Ali as my co-pilot. This should be a lot of fun, and the long term forcast has Sunday looking pretty good.

So who all is in? Today was the official last day to sign up, but I bet if you called 1st thing tomorrow and asked extra specially nice, you could wiggle in last minute.

Dave M.

17. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Looks like I'm missing this year. Our softball team made the championships so we've got a best of three series this Sunday. Guess I'll have to settle for Cars and Coffee this Saturday. Nice of Francis to come aboard here!

18. dmw_n_stuff

dmw_n_stuff Rookie

Sep 23, 2007
    KoP
    Full Name:
    Dan
    have fun, dont forget to take a lot of pics!

19. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    I think Im missing this too...I dont think driving a car after saturday night will be a uhh...a good idea...

have fun!

Im no good at rallies anyway, I would probably end up using my DAS system and see how fast I can get from place to place...forget answering questions...haha

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Im in Dave...sent my fee in late but sent Francis a private message to inform him its on the way. Hope he knows how to get his private messages. Anyway still need a co-pilot so I am going to ask my daughter if shes interested, See you Saturday for Coffee? Jon in Delaware

21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jon,

I will be there Sat AM with the Boxster. And a tool kit for the winner of the FerrariChat F1Tipping contest, our very own Qvb, JOHN DIXON!!!

Step up John and collect your prize~~~!!!~~~

It'll be in the trunk of the Boxster.

If you'd rather have a Ferrari Sweat Shirt, that can be arranged, I'll being a couple with me.

Dave

22. smithbb

smithbb Karting

Jan 27, 2003
    Lancaster, PA
    Full Name:
    Brad Smith
    My wife and I on are on for the event. Glad to hear the forcast was sounding better, hadn't gotten an update.

Brad

23. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hasta Manana amigos.

Los leaves could be a pain though...

Joe

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

That was fun!!!

My navigator did an A+++ job. We were within a couple minutes of the average run time, which was 2:03. Figuring 93 miles driven, about 45 mph. Fastest time was 1:40, or 56 MPH. That's an interesting number, to say the least.

(Yes Jon, I know, we cheated on the last half.) :D

Great route, I'm saving it for the next time we all go for a run. What a cool part of the world. Even got to drive through fresh steaming piles of horse ****.

Jon, great job on the questions!!! All 15 right. Jon, not so great job on the time. You figure you took what, 2:20 +-.

ALGAR. Great time, great planning and execution, I believe fun was had by all. I won't miss another one!

Oh, and look on the bright side, the trip finally pretty much cooked my clutch, so now there's something for me to look for over the next couple of weeks, and something worth fixing over the winter.:(

Dave

25. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Today was great everyone!

'Grats Jon on your question answering skills.

Joe M-- Where were you?

Good seeing everyone there.

Joe