Honda DD | FerrariChat

Honda DD

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Whisky, Oct 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I just figured I would ask the well-traveled folks here: I'm considering a new Honda for a DD, where is the best place to buy, and how much off sticker are folks getting them for ? I'm talking an Accord possibly. You never know until you ask.
    PM me if you like.

2. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    damnit............ i saw DD an opened this thread............. im sad............................

3. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have no specifics for you, but since the new body style 08s are coming out, I'm sure you could get a screamin deal on an 07. I'd imagine a couple thousand below invoice, just a guess.

4. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Me too!

5. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I can see it if I said '38 DD', but not just DD by itself.

If it WAS 38 DD, it would be on the Silver Subscribed forums..

6. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I just figured somebody would pipe in and say 'I got one for XX under invoice', that way I'd kinda know what dollar figure to shoot for.

7. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I thought he was referring to one of the Honda F1 Teams Umbrella Girls...

8. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are you shopping for an '07 or '08?

9. Akira

Akira Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    I think the new 2008 Accourd Coupe is really nice. And depending on how much you want to spend, you can get a good deal on Acura cars too. I like the TL-S and TSX.

10. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    07, maybe 08.

I'd consider an Accord, but it's not really what I want at this point.
    Accord's get the same mileage as what I have (21-28 +/-), and for what I want to do,
    I don't care to spend 30K +.

So, I like the Civic Si, that has 197 horse, and much better mileage than an Accord (with a V6, of course).

AND I'm torn between a 6-speed or an Auto........ If I was 20 years younger there would be no question I'd get a 6-speed.

The less I put on a DD, the more I can put towards a car of Italian lineage (and I don't mean a Fiat or Alfa). And I don't want a 'pre-owned' car. I'm going to stay under 22K at most.

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Try Costco's Auto Buyer program. They'll refer you to a participating dealer. I'll bet it's at or close to invoice. If you don't want to haggle all day and get a decent offer it's a good way to buy new.

12. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I have seen that in the Costco stores and wondered about the price. I may look into that in the future.

13. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    You sure that the Si gets much better mileage? I would check that more closely. Si s don't get especially good mileage for only being 4 cylinders

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    It was noticeably better than an Accord, but Accord's are also 10K more, sticker-wise.

What was on the window of the Civic was better than what is shown on the Honda.com website for mileage, but I may have to go take another looksee.

FWIW, I generally have never bought a new car before - I always find something 2 yrs old. But also, one of these days $4 gas will be commonplace, like it or not. I don't really want a 'Fit' or an 'Echo', but I want something that gets better than 18-25 mpg, and a new car will be a treat to me.

15. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yep - Civic Si gets 21-29..... I was wrong. I won't get an Si because I'm not gaining anything, MPG-wise.

So I'm thinking new 2007 Civic EX that gets 30-40mpg, car stickers at 18,700 and the 'invoice' is 17,200, FWIW.
    2008's sticker at 19,500 and show 25-36mpg.

So this car is a 2007 - basically a year old, anyone have an educated thought at what I should offer (cash) that isn't an embarrassment ?
    There should be a big difference between a 'new' 2007 and a 'new' 2008 as far as sales price goes, I just don't know what that is.

16. show time

show time Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I thought this was going to be a drinking thread :(

17. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    My brother in law buys a new honda every few years. You will be able to get amazing deals on last year's model here in the next couple of months. He grabs them up as dealers swarm to make room for next year's inventory.

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. (2007 models)

We have only 3 local Honda dealers, I was thinking of getting some bids from out in LA or something, where thay have like 150 Honda dealers, or so it seems. But you can go only so far lower on a sticker of 19.5K.

I think 17.7 would be easy, not sure if anyone would go much lower just yet.

Anybody have experience ? I know a Honda is not a Ferrari, but you never know until you ask...

And how anyone thought this could be a drinking thread is beyond me, I don't think I want to know...

19. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    OK, can anyone tell me who the biggest HONDA dealers are in some big cities like LA, Dallas, Phoenix, anywhere big ?

I want to do the internet price thing, but I want to find a couple of cities where there are multiple dealers in the city so I get some COMPETITIVE prices.

LA is a given, but I'm always listening for ideas.

20. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Me Three... I was expecting a hot picture of a woman named Honda with DD breasts!

What a gyp!

Ray

21. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Only if the thread was started by John Lamour, you should ALL know better !

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I will tell you guys one thing:

I've been doing this 'price via internet' thing for about a month now, and I've received prices from places in Dallas, Miami, Houston, Phoenix, Kansas City, Melonville, and Southern California, and nobody is even in the same ballpark as the dealers in Southern California - the lowest price is about $600 lower than the next one - which is about $300 lower than the next one, which, in turn, is about $300 lower than the next one, and then we have about ten dealers right about the same in price.

And the low prices ? the dealers swear up and down that is the price - no added costs or fees or hidden charges.

Wanna buy a new Honda ? PM me.