Question About Route 33 | FerrariChat

Question About Route 33

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by SMS, Oct 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Hello from the midwest. I'm coming to Phoenix and So Cal this week looking at cars. One night I plan to stay in the Malibu area and need to head toward Taft/Bakersfield the next morning. Looking at my atlas, Hwy 33 from Ventura north looks like a great road and I searched here and see some times it is recommended as part of your drive events, so I might take that in lieu of the interstate. How long will it take to drive from Ventura to Taft using 33? Is it good asphalt all the way?

Edited: Mapquest answered my distance and duration question, but if anyone has anything to add about this route feel free to do so. This will be on our 3rd day of looking at cars so my wife may need something nice or interesting about this point in the trip.

2. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Is a very good road and can drive 200Kms with no polices

3. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    no such thing

now there are stationed for 3 CHP officers who live out there. Dont post things like this they are not ture. might want to tell that to the person in his exotic who fliped his car hitting the gravvle patch, and also the other section there is a Santa Barbra County Sheriff who lives out there as well., stay away for sure, reson I say this had a road block wating for me on a drive thru there. (dont) The speed llimit is 55mph in that whole area, if your refering to your "Car" magazine about the AMG65 article that was flying in that section they didnt mention the ticket they got for speeding.

oh btw your car will get scratched up and pitted from the road debris on that section. and if you have a problem there is no cell phone recption and its a days wait to get a tow truck back there if any thing goes wrong.

4. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

Take the 5fwy and go to bakersfeild. surface is shot and there is loose gravle laid on the road there. lots of cops now espcially thru Ojai.

go to one of the many other locations for roads Hwy 178 from bakersfeild to hwy 395 is something a lot better and fun.

5. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

Thanks Racer98. I'm driving a rental car but if it was a fun stretch this won't be the first Chevy turned back in with warped rotors.

I took the no police post with a grain of salt, but I guess I'll see how my time goes if I try the whole run or go the interstate. Heading out to see the car you and I exchanged PPI emails about, along with 2 other B's. Thanks for the input.

6. apexstrafer

apexstrafer Karting

Aug 13, 2005
    I can vouch for racer98's assessment, plus I'll add that it's chronically backed up with brutally slow moving traffic which makes enjoying any part of the road next to impossible. The construction going on throughout the route doesn't help either.

I would just take the 5.

7. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    10-4 will do. Thank you guys for saving me a headache since I'm on a pretty tight schedule.

Bill

8. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Ah, so this area at Kern County is much better to speed at?
    I think no.

9. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    Enough with this, your setting people up for a speed trap. please if you found an area keep it to your self.