Ugh! Lady Bugs are everywhere! | FerrariChat

Ugh! Lady Bugs are everywhere!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by masterflex164, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    There's tons of the ceiling of my room, and everywhere near the entrance of the house. How do I get rid of them?

2. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    Lady bugs thrive on aphids. I know very little insect science (I'm a window washer), but the normal line-of-thought for eliminating pests is to get rid of the food source:)!
    Good luck!

PS, post some pics!

3. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    haha i vaccumed most of them, but there are still maybe 3-4 around the window.

4. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Awww, c'mon, now!!! Leave the little creature alone, besides, they are nature's pest control, even though they are the pest right now.

As a Bio major, I believe a food source is not necessary for an explosion of this sort......could be a swarm attracted for some unrelated phenomenon, like bright lights, temperature, aromas......did you use Ben-Gay on your tennis elbow this morning??

We need an entomologist here.....anybody??

5. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    While I am no entomologist, I have widely read that, where you have Lady Bugs, you do not have fleas or aphids. Lady bug eggs are sold for this purpose. Spiders also feed upon roaches. I would suppose, in the final anaysis, with which can you coexist?

6. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think he's speaking of the ones that were introduced to control a pest in pecan farms. They are lighter in color than the native ones. They are not as bad here as some years. I'm talking about walls covered. Filling up a vacuum cleaner with them. Finding gobs of the in a wall as big as a basketball. These are different. Got to run or I would google it.