Euro 355 GTS on Ebay (Naples Motorsports) | FerrariChat

Euro 355 GTS on Ebay (Naples Motorsports)

Discussion in '348/355' started by CarreraScott, Oct 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarreraScott

CarreraScott Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    #1 CarreraScott, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    VIN is listed on the last picture: ZFFPR42B000102378

Imported by Individual Auto Imports Inc. (never heard of them...)

Speedo looks weird (peeling paint on the dial?), other small stuff make it look a bit rough, but it doesnt look bad for a driver.

James in Denver

3. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Thanks didn't see the VIN.

Ran a carfax and it says it was sold in 1995 by The Collection in Coral Gables Florida, and then Imported into the US in 2001. Does this mean it was somehow exported and then re-imported? It shows serviced at The Collection on 6/04 and 5/05. The Title # has stayed the same since 2002, so presume it has had one owner since then.

I presume this is a Not Actual Mileage car because the odo was changed from KM to MI when imported?

4. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Naples tends to buy auction cars, wax them, and sell them as "Flawless" perfect pristine and fully serviced.

I have my doubts.

5. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

You have to specifically ask Naples Motor Sports for their "restocking fee" in writing before you buy from them. You'll have to nail them down on a $$ Dollar amount in writing, trust me...it may not come easily from them to you in writing.

6. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    I did a search on Fchat and there were plenty of positive and negative posts about them...

7. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    That's a security feature on speedo dials. When someone unscrews those two faceplate screws (i.e. to potentially change the mileage displayed), the glue breaks the paint underneath.

8. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

You don't have to take anyone's word about them pro or con.

Just call them tomorrow and here's how your phone call will go if they do business today like they did a couple of years ago when I was in the market:

1. They are in a staff meeting...they'll have to have your phone number to call you back
    2. Todd or Rob will call you back...only to ask *you* what price you'd buy the car. You can ask them for their lowest price all day long...they are going to keep repeating that Buy It Now price even after you make an offer. They don't counter-offer.
    3. Pending #2 above, when you call someone else will have already "bought" the car that you want...however...if you can get them money really fast, well, *maybe* they'll sell that car to you instead.

9. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    LOL shiesters. Welcome to Florida!

10. Paul S

Paul S Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2006
    Florida
    I have purchased two cars from Naples and they have been very straight forward in the dealings we have had. Both cars were "as described" and went through a PPI without a problem. Both cars continue to provide trouble free service and they are driven almost every day.

11. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #11 No Doubt, Oct 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's nice to hear positive experiences from them, but for some reason, I'm still suspicious...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    It has a Not Actual Mileage title going back to 2001 after being imported, so they are being upfront about that -- not sure if the odo was messed with when it was imported, or if it was replaced, or if it was tampered with at some point...

I have a friend down in Naples who may swing by just to see what it looks like -- he's a real perfection freak so he'll see anything visible that's not in good shape...

13. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Uh, are we not seeing something that is not in good shape right here? If the mileage has been tampered with, then you are buying a car that is almost unsellable, regardless of it's condition. I guess it's worth a look, but I'd never buy it.

(BTW, hello from nearby in VA!)

14. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Definitely not serious about it but it is a pretty car and worth a discussion thread at least. But yes it has a major problem with the Not Actual Mileage and obvious tampering of some sort.

So where are all the Ferrari's in central VA??!!

15. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Did you check the regisrty?

16. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I like the color / GTS feature. The TMU is noted several times in the ad, and they are up front stating that they do not know what might break on a 12 year old car. Nice pictures!
    BT

17. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Wow it only has 10k miles :eek:.... I am convinced it must be perfect.... :rolleyes: :eek:!!

There are true low mile cars out there and they would reflect that in the condition of engine, chassis and interior. If the "condition" does not match the miles, thats a big red flag IMO.....

18. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I, personally, had a great experience dealing with Naples Motorsports when I bought my '94 348 Spider from them in February of 2004. I'm sure ymmv, but just like with anything, there is a whole spectrum of things that can go well or go wrong for that matter, and each individual experience is unique.

One of the things that helped me gain comfort in dealing with them is you can see a virtual complete history of their sales if you click their 'Recent Sales' link. You'll see that they sell a ton of cars, you will also see that more often than not, there are repeat customers on their 3rd, 4th, and even 5th and more transactions with them. They wouldn't have ANYONE come back if they were that bad, and at the end of the day, I would not hesitate to deal with them again.

How is $67,500 comparitively? They claim it is priced accordingly. I, personally, would ask for a bigger discount as it appears that it is missing a gear (5 sp as opposed to 6 sp) LOL

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. If you just want a driver, seems like a decent enough car. Heck, I could even live with the stinkin paint anomaly inside the speedo! Other aspects of the interior seem pretty decent, however, the one area they aren't photographing is the one area that we all know is the likely culprit for wear, the side bolsters - especially on the driver's seat.

Rest assured, you can probably find a car out there with less stories behind it, but if you are really just looking for a kick arse car to DRIVE, may not be a bad deal. Good luck!

Mike

19. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Wow, what's happened to GTS prices? Not too long ago you couldn't find one under 100k, now there's also one on FerrariAds for 72k,
    red and tan.

20. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Just out of curiousity what would a car like this be worth if it had proper odometer, and assuming it needed its' major service? 95 355gts... $75-80k? More?

21. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    umm... I see 6 gears.
    How could this be built in 09/96 and be a 1995?

22. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It is a 6 sp, in the description, they call it a 5 Speed. I know that there are some that universally call manual transmissions "5 Speeds" whether it was a 3, 4, 5, or 6 speed gear box. LOL

23. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I know both Todd and Rob. Nice guys they mean well.You just have to watch what you are buying. I will say no more. Just follow the advice of No Doubt.

24. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    It has a '95 intake. It says it's a Euro. Do those have the dual intake system?

25. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I can't say anything bad about them but MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE CAR IN PERSON. The customers they deal with most and prefer are uneducated peeps with a bunch of money looking for toys. The type that won't mind or notice little imperfections or things like the wrong seats , wheels, knobs buttons etc, don't mind paint work as long as it looks good from 10 feet away. I would not call them dishonest they just deal in a different market. The cars I saw in person NEVER looked as good as the pictures but they have one of the best photographers in the biz. Again, not to say they are bad people just ask yourself why these cars are there.... do a PPI with someone other than thier mechanic who they recommed and you may end up with a nice car.