The Mini Police Chase I Saw Today | FerrariChat

The Mini Police Chase I Saw Today

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Red360Stradale, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    I was on my way to school on RT17 N in Mawhah, a three lane highway, and was slowing down for a known speed when this guy in a older V12 Jag flies bye me doing at leat 80 in a 55. Well the cop was there waiting and pulled out to chase the guy, the Jag however had bucked over to the right lane and pulled into a parking lot. The cop didn't realize this until he has passed the Jag in the lot. So what does the cop do? He's in the left lane, lights on, and when he figured out the Jag was trying to hide, he slams on his breaks while pulling into the left shoulder, then cuts across three lanes, and starts going the wrong way in the right shoulder. It was really fun to watch and I think he got the Jag.

2. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    too bad. i was rooting for the jag.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    He should have just waited until it broke down ;)

Pete

4. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Way, way back in the day I outran cops a few times. You do no accomplish this by pulling into parking lots especially in full view of the pursuing officer or officers.

It is extremely difficult to outrun radio but it can be done. Baltimore uses helicopters and I don't know anyone who has outrun those.

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Street bikes?

6. Coyote

Coyote Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    LOL!! That's the funniest I've heard in a while. Good one, Pete.

7. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    on some show i think cops at night a porsche was outrunning one the helicopter and he had just said a little longer and the porsche out be out of site and what does he do, he gets of the highway! i was like noooo

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    HA!!! LOL

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Our tax dollars at work... traffic tickets...the OTHER TAXATION. What a bunch of BS, and this moron cop drives far more wrecklessly than the Jag driver who was...OH my goodness, SPEEDING... just to catch the guy to write a ticket to extort more money out of us, all the while putting FAR MORE PEOPLE'S LIVES IN DANGER with his idiot brake slaming et al.

10. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've outrun cops on my F4i a couple of years ago. Three of us were going so fast that we never knew we were being chased. How do I know this? My buddy got popped later going home (not doing anything wrong at the time, just matched the description of one of the bikes!)

Impalas cannot do 160 through curvy backroads.

11. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ

A guy on a Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa out ran a helicopter. Those bikes will do 200 MPH while a police helicopter maybe 140.

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I saw a Video once of a black SS somewhere down south running from the cops and he was outrunning the helicopter, and the first time they got him on a long enough straight away to lay some spike strips he just easily steers around them. The chase went on forever and finnaly they caught him with a different set of spike strips. He was going so fast the cars couldnt even see him anymore, he almost out ran the radio.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Stake out at the Jag mechanic's!

14. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Yeah I thought street bikes are it. F4i is nice. I ride gixxers. 02 750 and a 98 750 srad :)

15. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Piston helicopters will make it to around 100-120 MPH, Turbine Helo's (that Police use - not the real pricy fast ones) around 160 MPH+.

So, if you have the balls and the HP you might get away from the piston jobs, but the turbines are going to make it very interesting...

16. ART360

ART360 Guest

I had a friend who would go into Berkeley, look for cops on his motorcycle, see how many he could wind up, then leave on the pedestrian overpass of Hi 80. Did that about 3, 4 friday nights, finally got caught. They did a Rodney King on him. this was in the early 70s.

Art

17. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Oops, lost track of this thread. No streetbikes for us, my buddies and I had Mustang GTs, a smattering of Grand Nationals, Vettes and Irocs. Hmmm...the 80's.

18. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

I agree, thats the sort of behavior thats the real crime...and we pay their salary! mdstrib

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Ahh very nice! :)

20. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

I couldn't agree more!