LUCA: PRAISE FOR ALONSO, SCORN FOR LEWIS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LUCA: PRAISE FOR ALONSO, SCORN FOR LEWIS

Discussion in 'F1' started by PhilNotHill, Oct 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You aren't the only one. I haven't seen any concrete evidence which suggests that both Luca and Jean don't want Alonso at Ferrari. Also, to deny Hamilton's wealth of talent and potential is crazy. Then again, he's posted that Massa is the better talent than Hamilton. I simply can't understand that perspective. Also, all of this sudden Alonso sympathy is an obvious bias based on frivolous things. I think I can guess where that one's coming from.

2. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    +1,

1 season doesn't mean anything, no matter how good it is.
    JT would rather die than have Alonso on his team, Luca might want him there but no way in hell will Jean allow it.

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Jean works for the team, Luca is the Chairman and can get rid of Todt.

4. boxer frank

boxer frank Karting

Sep 30, 2004
    toronto canada
    Full Name:
    FRANK
    LUCA ALSO PRAISED HAMILTON

as he clearly deserves

hope to god that luca is just being a thorn in rons side with alonzo praise just before ron starts negotiating with alonzo

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Nope. Don't agree with you Ted.

Realistically, its way too early to make any intelligent decision about Hamilton. How can you? Based on what? It just guessing. I think Mosley's statement was accurate, wait and see what happens over the next 2-3 years, then we can all see what Hamilton's mature ability will become. As Mosley basically said, drivers can come in with a bang and suddenly fizzle out. If Lewis learns from the last two races, he may prove to be really good, but not another Schumacher or Senna.

As for Alonso, neither Todt nor Brawn have any love for Fred, that's been public knowledge (at least in Italian newspapers) since Fred slammed Michael last year. I do not see Kimi retiring before 2012 (4 more seasons) and I do not see Ferrari adding a second driver after the fact that already is a WDC and has proven himself not to be a team player. Alonso will only drive for a team where he can be #1, Kimis not going anywhere.

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    But Luca is a politician first. He knows that the tifosi in Italy would have a problem with Alonso. Then there is Brawn, assuming he replaces Todt in 2008, he too is not a fan of Alonso's. Even Luca would not force a driver down Brawn's throat. Why would you knowing that Kimi is the faster of the two?

At any rate, Kimi is not going anywhere, at least for the next two, probably four years. After the issues at McLaren, what team manager would want Alonso, unless he was the only #1 driver? Doubtful there will be an opening for #1 at Ferrari until 2012, that's only four more seasons for 28 year old Kimi.

The only change I can imagine at Ferrari after 2010 is if Massa is denied the opportunity to go for the WDC, I see him possibly leaving to be #1 at another team. But then I would rather be #2 at Ferrari, than # 1 anywhere else.

7. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    If it's a natural order, yep, otherwise, ugh+++++

If Massa submits to an artificial n2 position - ciao ragazzo. Diiizgusting.

8. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So it must be true, right? I don't understand how you can base your whole argument on this, it seems too flimsy. I don't think I have to go into how newspapers aren't exactly the epitome of truth and total knowledge. Behind the article, is a man, and this man has a deadline to meet, bosses to appease, and people to entertain....

9. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Better to serve in Heaven than to rule in hell ;)

10. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Hamilton throws away the championship, making huge mistakes and going way backwards on the grid. As i recall, earlier in the season you said Massa will never be WDC material because he lost 2 or 3 positions after starting on poll. You're contradicting your own logic.

11. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Best to build your own. ;)

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Big +1 from me.

Pete

13. JCW

JCW Rookie

Sep 16, 2007
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Gyno
    My two cents worth :- Luca should be sleeping with the fishes (Like the other Luca from "The Godfather").

Hail Kimmi the King who won the WDC through perseverence & grit. Well done!

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

15. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    LH was quoted several times in the last few weeks as not having made a mistake all season. How about a little humility? You can lay blame at RDs' door, but in the end LH was in the car last week and did not have to challenge FA. He could have snugged in behind his teammate and cruised to the championship. If he really had a gearbox problem not of his own doing, then that's just bad luck. There was no reason for him to push his luck in China, for that matter. I personally think that his instant success at McLaren (and accompanying media praise) in his debut season went to his head a bit. Greater drivers have not won a WDC because in the end its something that's easier to lose than to win.

16. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    fixed.
    :)

17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Again, the manufactured reasoning for hating the kid...please read the thread on Hamilton not wanting the results of Brazil challenged. And, honestly, he didn't make a mistake all season until the end...it's the reason he was leading the WDC. His car was reliable and he finished races, which all changed when he went to China and by Brazil the WDC was lost.

Also, humility and F1 Pilot are mutually exclusive terms. Kid comes across well (most of the time), but it's that ego that drives these guys. Did we complain when Massa spoke only about him not having the chance to win the WDC when Kimi took the title in Brazil? Of course not, even if it was boorish behavior. Only Kimi seems to defy the prototype, but he's unemotional and robotic in an interview.

18. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Its not the fact that he didn't make a mistake all season, its that he repeatedly reminds us...

19. evlgt2

evlgt2 Rookie

Oct 16, 2005
    I have to say, these comments by Luca are waaay out of left field. (No matter how much he appreciates Alonso selling out his team in the spy row...) After seeing Alonso's pissy, paranoid, back stabbing behaviour throughout the year, how could anyone have any respect for the guy's character?

On a related note, I am happy for Kimi- he won the drivers title fair and square. But your head must be buried deep in the sand to discount Hamilton as a flash in the pan. He easily did the best job of anyone else in the first 14 rounds of the championship. Yes he and the team made a big mistake in China, and yes his youth showed on the first lap of Brazil, but if his car didn't let him down he may well have been champion now. If you don't think he has learned from this season and will be faster next year because of it, you are in denial.

Hamilton will be the biggest threat to Ferrari in F1 for the foreseeable future.

20. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    How often has he said it?

21. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    at least once in every interview.......since his first win.