red seat belts | FerrariChat

red seat belts

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ENZ10 1, Oct 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ENZ10 1

ENZ10 1 Karting

Aug 22, 2006
    stoke on trent
    Full Name:
    john stephenson
    really fancy a set of red seat belts for my Mondial 88, does anyone have any idea if they are available or anything that fits?
    thanks

2. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I think some of the hot versions of Fiats had red seatbelts (Uno/Punto Turbo, Coupe Turbo and the like), I have no idea whether they'd fit, but maybe available cheaply.

Nice profile pic BTW...

3. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #3 CUE99T, Oct 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. ENZ10 1

ENZ10 1 Karting

Aug 22, 2006
    stoke on trent
    Full Name:
    john stephenson
    many thanks, will try the belt replacement guys,
    cheers
    john s

5. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Personally I think they would look great. And as Paul quoted above I think £70 is a fairly good price. I have a rear set of belts going cheap if you wanted to get them redone.

6. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Nice 911 - is it a 964 RS? Whatever it is, interior looks fab!

7. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #7 CUE99T, Oct 24, 2007
    just a C2 that I completey stripped out and refurbed with a brand new RS type interior.

I particulary liked the rear of the inside too..........helmet pods and stitched Porsche script.

Looking for a 964 C2 Targa in white or black to convert into a speedster with a strosek hardtop!!

some more interior pics for ya.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Nice pics - thanks for posting them! Your next project sounds pretty darn cool too - I'd love to see photos of that when you get it underway.

9. ENZ10 1

ENZ10 1 Karting

Aug 22, 2006
    stoke on trent
    Full Name:
    john stephenson
    been in touch with the guys at quickfittsbs for the replacement belts, £140 the complete set of front and rear in any shade of Ferrari red, 7-10 days, interestingly, they also do a fit while you wait service for any car.
    basically book the car in with them at their premises, hang about for a few hours. they strip out and remove the old belts, replace with colour belts and replace any faulty parts as required, refit the belts into your car £300 the whole job, hassle free although a bit more expensive if it included fuel etc but experienced guys doing the job by all accounts,
    may be of interest to someone,
    will let you know how it goes,
    got into fitting the 348 seats into my Mondial today, mini nightmare to start with , but got is sussed, remove the Mondy seats, remove the frames, get some flat steel bar 400mm long, approx 400 x 5mm thick ,drill and fit across the floor seat mounting points into the original holes giving 2 flat bar mountings, remove the frames from the original seats, remove the seat adjuster operating rod, refit the frames to the 348 seats (which are narrower underneath) using the front hole of the three mounting points to secure the rear of the frame, drill and secure the front of the frame, drill two additional holes into the flat steel bars 37cm between centres and basically fiddle about with the slide assembly back and front to allow you to bolt the frames to the new steel bars, hey presto, perfect fit, use new high tensile sunk head pins throughout,it also gives opportunity to crimp the sildes & runners a little to take away any wear rattles, the seats fit great, look terriffic and what a change to the driving position and comfort.
    The 2 seats I bought off ebay at a greatly reduced price when no one bid, were filthy,various car branded cleaners did not work, so warm water, a nail brush and fairy liquid, plus 3 hours of elbow, brought them up like new, which in creama is tough to achieve,will post pics if anyone interested, also when the red belts go in should look the dogs.
    js

10. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

An extra £160 to remove the belts as well seems rather a lot. Its a 5 minute job to get both belts (2 bolts on each and thats it!). Personally I would send them off.

Red belts always look good in a Ferrari I think, i've got Sabelt harnesses for mine.

11. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx
    #11 Robgvx, Oct 26, 2007
  12. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Well I suppose there is one connection

You stick your helmet in both of them:D:D

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    lovin that interior paul :cool:

14. ENZ10 1

ENZ10 1 Karting

Aug 22, 2006
    stoke on trent
    Full Name:
    john stephenson
    #14 ENZ10 1, Oct 26, 2007
  15. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Great job John, I had a real headache when I did my brackets as I didn't want to raise the seats at all. I ended up removing the brackets that went under the runners, using to 5mm carbon fibre plates that the side mounted seat brackets could fit onto, I ended up lowering the seat by about an inch in the end.

16. ENZ10 1

ENZ10 1 Karting

Aug 22, 2006
    stoke on trent
    Full Name:
    john stephenson
    HI thnaks for the comments, I rasied th front of the seats slightly with spacers to fully utilise the roll on the front seat base under the knees, also I removed one of the stop tabs from the frame slides which now allow the seat to travel back and forth about 9" giving excellent leg adjustment and rear accesss also,
    next is seat belt removal, any gremlins to look for in removing panels etc, I want to change all 4 belts
    js

17. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    #17 racespecferrari, Oct 26, 2007
    As I stated earlier John, the belts are a piece of cake. Just two bolts on each belt (17mm or 19mm spanner from memory). I removed the rears with the brackets (see pic below, but it was pretty simple, I think there were a couple of tiny self tapping screws hidden in that trim). I have them on FerrariAds.com at the mo (hint hint ;))

18. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    #18 racespecferrari, Oct 26, 2007
  19. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good Job lads, nice write up John.

Good to see quickfit worked a treat and seems even after a few years thier prices haven't risen.

Rob...............thanks fo the holiday snap!!!!!!! :)