330 GTC Hubspinner Question | FerrariChat

330 GTC Hubspinner Question

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by pgb67, Oct 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone know if the straight eared Hubspinners were used on Borranis. I have a set of straight eared spinners that came with the original mag wheels and 2 sets of the curverd ear spinners that are not original. I wanted to know if I should rechrome the original straight eared spinners to use with the Borranis. Thanks Peter

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    As far as I know, only bent eared spinners were used on Borranis, straight eared on Campys.

Jack

3. 275GTB-2

275GTB-2 Rookie
    BANNED

May 30, 2006
    The straight ear are only for the mags.

4. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    On these questions the parts book rules. Check the pictues. Either way, the odd ones will go fast, Cork Adams can make the completed set look like new!

5. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
  6. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Thank's for that info. I have seen some set-up with a small chain going from the spinner to one of the spokes to stop the spinner from comming off if it becomes loose. Is that OEM for racing wheels? I really like that idea.

7. BIGHORN

BIGHORN In Memoriam

Sep 18, 2006
    FLORIDA/NEW MEXICO
    Full Name:
    JOHN F KELLY
    The Knockoffs are self tightening unless the uprights have been switched side to side, in which case they are self loosening. I have never seen the arrangement you describe and cant imagine it is necessary.

8. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    Thank to everyone for the replies. So my next question is I have 2 sets of the curved ear spinners. One set has the Borrani logo in the middle and one set has the Prancing horse. Which set should I have redone. I also noticed some variation to the taper that contacts the wheel and wasn't sure whether its worn or was manufactured like that. I used to have to loosen and retighten the RR wheel to get rid of a slight clunk when I release the clutch. The splines look perfect. When I would do this it would be good for awhile and then come back. Any Thoughts? Thanks Peter