Hamilton hits road to Switzerland | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hamilton hits road to Switzerland

Discussion in 'F1' started by 62 250 GTO, Oct 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dunno. I was always under the impression if you make it big in showbiz (that includes racing) AND you pay your taxes to the Queen, you'll get that Sire eventually.

Didn't Sean O'Connery fall from grace for living in the Bahamas, but eventually came around and got his knighthood?

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    And the public transit systems. State of the art they are.

3. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    He could move to the U.S. and never be recognized. Unless someone mistakes him for Tiger.

4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Stewart and Moss must be upset about this....

5. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The last word is that Sean O'Connery has bought as place in Lakewood Ranch Florida near Bradenton. Whats at lakewood ranch?? :(

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    My favorite place on earth is Lucerne. Didn't find it or Catherine at all boring. Then another trip there was Bridgit, oh, can't forget Suzanne. Such friendly people there. Hotel Montana has a wonderful view of the lake.

I did see the lake.

7. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    A Brit singer called Cliff Richards who has lived in Portugal or Spain for decades was given an OBE while living there and not in the UK.

8. Martin H

Martin H Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin H
    Yeah, he threatened to come back, the Queen had no choice. :D

9. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    If I recall it correctly, Stewart moved there just after his first WDC (along with Jochiem Rindt) and the OBE was awarded some time later? He also, incidently, committed the cardinal sin of buying a pair of Beretta shotguns at about the same time rather than some proper Purdeys. But, then, he was - after all, Jackie Stewart.

Actually, if you want to get down to the real criteria, it may not be so much in where you live, but more in how you present yourself as an ambassador for the country.

Statements like "I can't go to the loo without people asking me for my autograph - so I'm swiveling out of here" at the press conference where your home town is naming a street after you will not probably be helpful.

Anyway, it's all premature (he needs to actually win one first...) - & they didn't knight the Beatles until after a pretty solid track record of hits, right?

10. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Well, you live in Boca Raton. You just poroved my point ;-)