Sixth Annual Algar Ferrari-Maserati Road Rally | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sixth Annual Algar Ferrari-Maserati Road Rally

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dm_n_stuff, Oct 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. e36t2

e36t2 Karting

May 14, 2006
    Was a fantastic time, great day for a drive as well.

Marc thank you for trying to fling the horse **** up at me!

2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Great seeing all you people again,
    Dave M and Ali,Joe and dad Dave,Mark,Jerry.Hats off to the crew from Algar..Mark,Bob,Rick, Heather and Francis.Thanks also to my navigator Scott who kept reeling me in and telling me to slow down so we wouldnt miss the answers to the questions! Terrific route and first class food and beverages. Really a good time. Now its time to say goodnight to the Barchetta. Very sad. What a great first driving season for the new ride.Officially 4900 miles in five months!! Do you realize we had something like eight consecutive weekends of sunny weather?
    I cannot remember a better string of good fortune. A tremendous season for the Roadster. Now its the dense cold air season of touch and go opportunities to get out and drive. Well the Noble loves this kind of weather so we will see you when possible at the Saturday Morning coffee gatherings. Thanks for the memories..it will go down in the books as one of the best ever!! Jon in Delaware

3. smithbb

smithbb Karting

Jan 27, 2003
    Lancaster, PA
    Full Name:
    Brad Smith
    Likewise to all. Had a great time as well. I see everyone enjoyed our road apples but no one mentioned the gravel washes, a bit dicey in the corners. It was great to have a nice column of exotics threading through the country. I was a bit envious of Pete, our wing man. With us leading in a 430 coupe and his 430 spider, he must have had the ultimate stereo. http://ferrarichat.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
    Smile

Great to meet some of you and hope to do it again.

Brad

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Sorry I could make the event. It sounds like it was a great time! Any pics?

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Way too busy trying not to get lost to take any!!!

Didn't realize until we got home that the camera never left the space behind the seat.

Were you tied up back at the ranch?

Should we pencil you in for next year?

Dave

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Yeah, I think I'll have to get out there next year. Pencil it in. :)

7. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Please post pics! I was in the rally last year and had a great time! Moved to NC where its a bit of a drive to Algar. :) Pics Please!!!

Best,
    Jon

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Just got done washing the Dino from this run.

Bunch of new stone chips, but worth it. Gonna be a while with the touch up paint this time!

Dave

9. Reeltime

Reeltime Rookie

Nov 26, 2006
    Malven, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank DiBella
    did anyone take pics?

10. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Sounds like a good time. I wouldn't have been able to make it, I was sick all week.

Where did the route take you guys?

Jim

11. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Route is very good. we will have to run it sometime as i kept the directions. Basically southern chester county from dilworthtown inn to strasburg to west kennett square and ending at the longwood gardens. Jon in delaware.

12. smithbb

smithbb Karting

Jan 27, 2003
    Lancaster, PA
    Full Name:
    Brad Smith
    Dave, didn't get a chance to meet you but thanks for bringing the Dino and dealing with the chips. Your pain was my (ouir) gain. What a great looking stallion. I got some pics but being somewhat non creative, they are mostly stills up close. I can post or if you have personal requests, I'll email, just let me know. Just no action shots since I was totally wired to the wheel and my dear navigator was doing her best to keep me on course.

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    That was a great event...looking forward to next year! Thanks for the post. jon in Delaware