does your ferrari get too many "females"? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

does your ferrari get too many "females"?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by exotic_kingz, Oct 31, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SINISTR

SINISTR Rookie

Nov 2, 2007
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Craig
    hahaha sounds like you've met my girlfriend...

she's getting better though.

2. birdness

birdness Karting

Mar 12, 2005
    Toronto
    Do you guys think Aston Martin somehow has a different effect on women than Ferraris. I have come across a number of females who think that Ferrari and Porsche drivers are somehow trying to overcome some physical shortcomings if you get my drift, but somehow Aston seems immune to this. Any theories?

3. 512bbnevada

512bbnevada Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2007
    las vegas
    Full Name:
    Biff
    Guys that like English cars are trying to overcome their bad teeth :)

4. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    yeah, nobody knows what it is.

5. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That sums it up for me too... to the letter! the numbers however are slightly different... dudes from 8 to 40.

That too.

INcorrect, my other car is one of the hottest Miata's on 4 wheels... public response is the same for both cars.
    The ''chicks'' think the Miata is a Ferrari, and they have no clue what the Ferrari is... sometimes they will actually ask, but usually they're FAR too errogant to knowingly reveal thier ignorance, so they pretend to be ignoring me. But at the same time, I live in Las Vegas... 9 out of 10 people here are drooling dipchits!! lol

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    You've hit on the problem with modern Ferraris: If you have to beat women off with a stick, the guys with an F1 gearbox have to settle for just paddling women. :p

7. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I wonder how the women view the Mondial cabriolet, any owner's care too share their experience's?

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ferrari's are guy magnets end of story. Women for the most part could careless and are more then likely turned off by such a car, because they think the dude behind the wheel is a pompous ass, trying way to hard to impress others with his fancy red car.

Girls dig a comfy safe large car like a Volvo. Something that says responsible and practical. They also love Jeeps, towing fun vehicles like a small boat or seadoo's. They seem to really like the older muscle cars like Chevelles and Camaros from 67-69 and older Corvette's from 63-67.

9. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Well, ever since that "shemale" experience last spring break......................< shudders >

10. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #60 bernardo66, Nov 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Own an upscale shoe store. ;)

12. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Yes they do! Glad my wife isn't the only one :)

13. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris&amp; Brian Coffing
    In my admittedly limited experience, yes.

14. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    yes well, that has tainted all of us and frankly, the N. Cal forum may never recover from that sicko :) LOL

So you might have a point... good to differentiate now that I think about it.

Ray

15. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    ... and the winner is... PhilNotHill - ding, ding, ding, ding.

:)

Ray

16. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    A Ferrari HELPS with picking girls up, but if you can't get girls without it, it won't help you get girls. Plus, if you're getting the car to potentially meet girls just go ahead and save yourself the money and go to the strip club.

Take it as you will from younger then average single male F355 owner.

17. Squeak Squad

Squeak Squad Karting

Sep 21, 2007
    It's funny the disappointment guys have when they realize their car won't find them any women. If you get a nice car to pick up women you're nuts. As MVP said, go to a strip club. Or for the price of some Ferrari's just but the strip club.

18. tchaic

tchaic Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris M.....
    My car attracts COPS- 1st ticket 45 minutes after I bought it going only 14 miles over the limit on the highway (Thanks be to Ticket Clinic for handling that for me!) and then another ticket the next morning for 16 over on another highway (Did I mention I love the ticket clinic?). Other than that the car attracts boys/men who love cars. Anyway, that is fine for me because I am happily married. I think it is a myth that Ferrari's attract women. The guys using these cars to pick up ladies int he bars/clubs have the skills to pick up the same girls without the car. I have never found a car helpful and often it is a problem because a lot of women don't like getting in fast cars. My two cents...

19. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Im 24 and my friend is 23, when we drive around in the 348, it atracts alot of attention from the opposite sex, why?.....well maybe because most Ferrari drivers are aged between 40-60, at least here in Montreal. A Ferrari is definately a chick magnet, its just a great ice breaker, wont guarantee u bring the girl home, but it definately helps to get things going.

20. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Same here. Lots of people tell me my car's a "babe magnet," but the ones telling me that are all guys who don't own Ferraris.

My experience has been that mostly males, kids and adults, are the ones who really are attracted to my car. I'm friendly with them, happy to answer questions and let people take a closer look, but I don't find that I'm getting more female attention than before.

21. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Go rent the old movie Three in the Attic...

22. vteqe

vteqe Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    There have been many threads on autos that are "Babe Magnets", but 308s are not among them. You want a "Babe Magnet" try a Mini, SL500, Mustang convertable or something like them. Exotics as mentioned earlier draw interest from teenagers and adult men. Adult women are generally not into exotic cars.

23. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I think Enzo once said; "without women engines don't even start." My car has always helped me pick up women, but then again how would you get a lady home on a skateboard. ;)

24. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike

Same with my Lotus, except in my case, no one even knows what it is. Except kids, of course, who've seen it on their racing games.

Only some instances of women yelling things and making comments, but even FEWER where they were actually interested in me...unless I just can't read girls.

Maybe we just have "no game" as they say :(

25. urgenc

urgenc Rookie

Aug 9, 2007
    I feel wrong about buying Ferrari to attract women, however the prestige of the car is inevitable; you feel surrounded by a crowd.
    If somone is too lame to buy a Ferrari just to attract women just get yourself a 360 Modena replica from Xtreme cars then, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference..