Help me put a 355 in my garage! | FerrariChat

Help me put a 355 in my garage!

Discussion in '348/355' started by AronAZ, Nov 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AronAZ

AronAZ Karting

Jul 13, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm locked, loaded, (out of my mind), and ready to pull the trigger. As I have been looking, I noticed that there are many that don't seem to be advertised so I thought I'd ask Chatters for help. If you guys know of any quality cars out there, please reply or PM.

I'm looking for a F355 Spider, 6spd, Rosso Corsa.

I want a car that's had major service done recently, <18 mos. I want a car that has <20k on the clock as it really seems to be today's magical break point for value and easier resale if needed. I'd prefer a private seller to dealer so I can avoid sales tax (and hopefully improve documentation). Flying to find a car is no problem, but the closer the better logistically (I'm in Arizona, so SoCal or Vegas would be great).

I'm flexible about interior, tan vs. black, but it has to be a 6spd & red. There is a great TDF Blue at Scottsdale Ferrari which is a color I really like, and while I reserve the right to change my mind I just feel like my heart is in red for my first Ferrari. I'm open to a GTS, but no Berlinettas.

Thanks in advance,
    -Aron

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Good luck Aron,
    There are many cars out there that are not publicly for sale so to speak. I found mine the same way, by posting here.
    Luke

3. PKF355

PKF355 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    sOCal
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    It's good that you DON'T want a Berlinetta because a 6-spd red B with <20k miles would be very hard to find. There are alot more spiders out there.

Any particular MY you're looking for...?

4. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
  5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not sure how it works in AZ, but in CA you pay sales tax when you register the vehicle and get the title in your name. Doesn't matter where you bought it.

If you mean pay less sales tax because you would pay less for the car, then I see your point.

6. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Private party transactions in AZ incur no tax, like in CA, the lucky dogs.

7. Nicksta

Nicksta Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    DC Ranch &amp; NY, NY
    Full Name:
    Nick Ingle
    In AZ there is no sales tax for private party transactions. For the moment, that is.

8. spdrcr

spdrcr Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    In CA there is most definitely sales tax on private party transactions. It can be avoided if the car is bought out of state and used out of state for at least 90 days. However, those types of transactions done legally and to the letter of the law are slim to none.

9. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Check dupontregistry. LOTS available.

Darrell.

10. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Its always good to see interest in the 355 :). There are some things in the works to get the horsepower up a notch..... so one can have both best of both worlds..... performance and looks :D :D :D

11. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Nice! Dealers must love that... <cough>

This is probably a good time to do the hair gel briefing (?)

12. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Right, I never said different. Avoiding CA tax on private party (and dealer) sales takes finesse, timing, logistics and a bit of larceny. ;)

13. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Thanks Bullfighter..... I must have missed this thread.... a rare event..... ;)

(ahem)......... There are some 355 owners who don't hesitate to drive their 355s. These guys usually take turns agressively and excercise the bypass valve with every shift.... :). During this driving, (which uncannily resembles a James Bond movie chase scene)... the driver generates a severe condition known as capelli in piedi*. This phenomena is quite common in 355 drivers. The resourceful and quick thinking 355 owner will then reach into his 'survival kit' for gel per capelli** to treat the serious and sometimes contagious affliction. The hurried and effective treatment of this potentially dangerous condition, will then leave the drivers Zen-like experience uninterupted........ :cool:

Reference: italian to english dictionary

*hair standing

**hair gel