Shipper from LA to Houston | FerrariChat

Shipper from LA to Houston

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PenP, Nov 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    Well, my '76 308 track car is going to Spain!

Anybody know a good shipper to get the car to Houston? Since the car also needs to ship with 5 boxes of parts and 4 wheels/tires and, if the new owner is especially masochistic, the U.S. spec bumpers ans sway bars, I was thinking that a Guy-With-A-Trailer approach would be better than using a standard, multi-car transport rig (because they wouldn't want to haul the misc. stuff.

Suggestions?

Pen

2. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

STOP ! RED FLAG !

you know CUSTOMS FLAGS EVERY THING THAT LEAVE HOUSTON , TX with regards to cars

give me a call , you can do a 20ft container from Los Angeles and 90% of the time its sent by rail freight and there is where the dammage happens during rail freight.

pm me so I can help you with the paper work and info for your customer

also I hope you were not getting paid by a check ? for your car ?????

I hope your customer knows he will be getting hit with nearly a 40% import duty into spain for used auto ?

ship the car in a container from Los Angeles I have a couple of shippers you can choose from for transporting.

20FT container Los Angeles to Spain = $2700

Trasporter from LA too Houston $700-$1500 open

Transporter from LA too Houston $1500+ enclosed.

Ocean freight from Houston too Spain + your call will be red flagged and will be cause for dealyed shipping times and also additional storage fees
    $1900+bunker charge + add storage.

3. cobmw

cobmw Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 22, 2006
    Rocky Mountain area
    Racer98:

I'd like to ship my M5 to Germany or Italy in 2008, use it for a month, then return it to Colorado. Can it be done without too much hassle?

4. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    Yikes! All these red flags are scaring me! And since I had no intention of shipping anthrax or smack, customs is not really an issue for me... but thanks for the concern (just kidding!).

Actually, all I need is to ship the car and the parts from Los Angeles to Houston so if anybody has any references, thanks!

5. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    ooooooooooooh that will be such a cool Idea, but the problems with shipping a car such as BMW out of the USA might be subject to an inspection with US Customs during exit and entry back into the USA. Before you ship the car you need to get a tax exempt import permit with the German Customs and the port of entry that you plan to enter and exit, but if you plan to drive thu and not exit from same port might be a problem with it and also I think there is some BS with German Car makers and most European car makers they have some rules about exporting your car out of the USA and into the EU.

pm if you want info about how to do this.

figure RO-RO shipping from most USA ports is about $1200usd to most major EU shipping ports but again its really important to get the tax exempt import permit. as being a person and no a company doing this the rules are very different vs.each other.

6. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

ok, totaly disregard what I have to say about it.

why not get a truck and trail it and D.I.Y. probaby be about $800 total and fly back.

7. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    Same reason I have a housekeeper!

8. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006