Need replacement F348 mirror | FerrariChat

Need replacement F348 mirror

Discussion in '348/355' started by FerociousGTO, Nov 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerociousGTO

FerociousGTO Rookie

Nov 3, 2007
    I need a replacement F348 right side mirror. I contacted the local F dealer and he quoted me $3600 for each! That's insane. F430 mirror is about $1100. Any suggestions?

2. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Try this... Mike is a very nice guy, but his stuff is overpriced for used parts (IMO), but certainly far less than the dealer, and you most likely wont have to paint it. Use his inquiry form to ask about availability... he doesnt like to be bothered with phone calls.... he responds fairly quickly.

http://www.ferrariservice.com/

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I have bought things from Michael before and he has always given me a fair deal.

If Michael doesn't have one you can try getting ahold of GT Car Parts in Arizona. I don't have their number on me right now, but maybe someone else has it handy. You can also try getting one from these guys http://eurospares.co.uk/breaking.asp

4. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Make no mistake, I recommended Michael because he is worthy of being recommended... I meant no disrespect to him, he has an excellent reputation and was recommended to me by someone I highly respect.
    I would love to do business with him on alot of things, but I cant afford his price on anything ive inquired on. I usually get in my head an idea of what I think a certain used part may be worth, and his price usually comes back 3-4 times that much. I'm not saying his prices arent fair, i'm just saying they're typically beyond what I anticipate, and more than I can afford... simple as that.

5. FerociousGTO

FerociousGTO Rookie

Nov 3, 2007
    I emailed both and recieved a reply from both. Eurospares.co.uk wants £900.00 each + vat (used) and MIchaelR doesn't have them in stock. Damn at this rate it will be cheaper to get the set of replica F355 mirrors for under USD $500. :(

Thanks guys...

6. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
  7. cscott67

cscott67 Formula Junior

May 13, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Have you tried Specialized italian recycling? They have a lot of stuff listed on e-bay, I think I saw a 348 mirror for 1500. (You can always shoot them an e-mail with a lower price and see if it flies. If the 430 mirrors are only 1100, I'd be looking for a set of those puppies! They are SWEET! Good luck, Scott

8. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    $3600?? That's beyond NUTS!

I'm curious - what happened to your old mirror? Is it totally gone? Smashed? Cracked? Is it just inoperative (electrics?). Is it the entire assembly that you need, including the base section that mounts onto the door?

Someone with fiberglass skills could probably make a mold and crank out a mirror body without too much trouble if he had one to borrow for a few hours. And the "guts" from inside any power mirror could be adapted to work (up and down is up and down, left and right are left and right, doesn't matter if its a Ferrari or a VW).

9. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    you would expect used prices at around 50% of new or less.
    Usually Mike comes in at exactly 50% where you don't feel screwed but you are also not getting a good deal.
    So I guess from his point of view the pricing is correct :)