ALONSO: Which Team In 2008 (Poll) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

ALONSO: Which Team In 2008 (Poll)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Nov 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Alonso In 2008: For Which Team Will He Drive?

1. Renault

2. BMW

3. Toyota

4. Spyker

5. Williams

6. McLaren (anything's possible)

7. His home in Majorca

8. NASCAR as JPM's teammate

9. IRL as Danica's teammate

10. On Andreas' slot car team

11. Torro Rosso

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agree ... which is one of the reasons why I can still seeing Alonso staying there. He thus gives himself another chance to sort out LH ... which after the season end break and some rethinking, well who knows.

But the only person who would actually want that seat would be Alonso.
    Pete

2. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    HAHAHAHAHA

3. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    After all the Briatore said, I would find it difficult to him hire Alonso. So if hes not at McDaimler, Ferrari or Renault, and if BMW dont want him, thats pretty much a kick in the balls to his ability. I think he is more of a liability than an asset to any team, based solely on his attitude, and apparently McDaimler thinks so too. Who in thier right mind would walk away from an almost sure championship winning team, to go down to an also ran. Well, maybe he knows McDaimler has some skeletons in the closet that will prevent them doing anything next year, maybe thats why.

It really would be a hoot to see him in a stocker though.

4. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    I am just glad nobody voted for McLaren LOL

5. 355_Challenge

355_Challenge Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Michaël
    The best place where I want to see him is at home, anyway as long as its not in a Ferrari :D

6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The best place for FA to as you put it "Give himself another chance to sort out LH" is in a Ferrari.
    He may do it in a Renault and this would also be great to see.

It all will depend on what RD has negotiated into his release contract ie: A clause whereby he is not allowed to drive for a manufacturer backed team for at least the first season.

Mclaren may have a job getting a good car together next year as they will still be feeling the pressure from this years events.
    FA has a knack of jumping ship at the right time, however this time I feel his options maybe more hampered by his contract.
    So if that is the case IMO Red Bull seems likely.

To think no other driver would want to drive at Mclaren next to LH is just plain stupid. If Mclaren has learned a lesson this year it's assign a #1 driver earlier like Ferrari did. IMO this being the case ,this year FA or LH would have won the DC they lost it fighting each other on and off track..

LH has shown he has weakness whether or not he can address this over the seasons break is something to look forward to.
    Or put in your terms reprogram/update his software. ;)

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    The more I think about this I laugh.....it would be fun to see Fred team up with Danica and have him try to push her around. After seeing her temper at work this year, unlike Louis she would probably punch him in the face.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    McLaren will never learn this leason ... ie:

Lauda versus Prost,
    Prost versus Senna,
    Confusion with Hakenin versus DC, and now
    Alonso versus LH

Just like Williams ...

Pete

9. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    RBR has the money to keep up for a year, and will LOVE the media buzz around the midpacker cars...besides, if he finds out how to put a team togheter instead of ripping them appart...he might regain some respect over the F1 padock.

...he has Adrian Newey, Jeoff Willis and some other McLaren top level engineer at Red Bull Racing...Alonso needs a rebuild from inside out...and maybe some "wings"

Schumi did the same thing...went to a mid packer team with enough funding to fullfil his ego, his pockets, and make a dream come true...become a champion driving a Ferrari...and guess what, he did, 5 times.

...And were should David Coulthard be is beyond himself and his Prostate medical examiner...
    ...or where should Webber go is something between excalectric, Nikko,or the slot car trivia nuts and himself... ;)

...can Red Bull outsell Johnie Walker?...if it gives wings it should.

10. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...damn...Andreas slot car race team is hilarious...it won me over.

11. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    +1...Danica will mop the floor with him!

12. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Andreas Team....keeps him as far away from the media as possible. That means I don't have to see his oversized ugly face. He looks like his own version of a bobble head.

13. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    And thank Jeebus for that. :) It makes F1 a bit more interesting. Ron Dennis may be many things but he is a racer at heart and because of that he lets his drivers race. Even if it's with eachother.

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1

15. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    If this were only true. But I don't believe for one milli-second. He's a control freak. RD always has something up his sleeve.

And sorry Boris Badenov, it ain't just his elbow.

16. osg

osg Formula 3
    BANNED

May 1, 2005
    In Chinese food?
    Full Name:
    MSG...
    RBR ..... you can take that to the bank friends.

17. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I'm just wondering if Alonso (or de la Rosa, or Ronco) would want to be on a team that would require trips to Italy until all the civil/criminal indictments have blown over.

After those emails, Fred could be driving old folks in a minivan in Milan as "community service". ;)

18. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    sure....if in this last race they would have been at each other they would have called in team orders. Lose the Championship or let them race each other...let me think about that for a moment....Let's spend $300M in a season to see it go to s&it because our boys want to race each other and risk taking each other out. I am sure our sponsors like Mercedes will be thrilled to see their efforts go to waste over two kids getting their testosterone levels too high. I am sure West is right back in line for sponsorship the next week saying: "man that was great, we had the Championship in our hands until bobblehead and the teenager crashed into each other, but what the hell....here is $50M"

19. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    He is a cheater at heart and...a bad one at that!
    He is also a liar at heart ("we did not use the information")...and a bad one at that too.

20. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    The thing is, you don't know that to be the case. Lewis needed 2 more points, to be World Champion. Did they ask Fernando to crash out so that Lewis would get a safety car and then get a chance to overtake someone? No they didn't. Would Ferrari? Who knows

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm very proud. My team got as many votes as the mighty BMW team. Watch out Toyota, you're next!
    :)

22. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    We can remove Williams from the mix as they have confirmed Rosberg and Nakajima,

23. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Which bank?

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Can I have those 8 votes?

25. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...no, cause if we do that,and then the public finds out, you might loose all the points and get kicked out!...:)