West Coast Independent Recomendations - Time for a Clutch | FerrariChat

West Coast Independent Recomendations - Time for a Clutch

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Shuey2k, Nov 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shuey2k

Shuey2k Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Willi Schumacher
    After only 8k miles of aggressive driving in my Stradale I have 73% clutch wear. I know, seems crazy to me given that I don't drive up and down a steep driveway nor do I ride gas pedal (it's all or nothing). FCF quoted me $5800 - $6000 and I know I can save going to an independent. Suggestions?

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Luciano's in Sarasota.

3. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    How many Miles do you have on that car?
    You have to ask Luciano if he has an SD2. You need that to adjust the clutch to the F1.
    The clutch itself is $1500 or less unless you burned through the flywheel. Labor is easy (it is right on the back). You may want to consider doing the throw-out bearing at the same time. In that case add I believe $600 or less. Not sure what they quoted you on their service. Would almost pay to bring the car here to Miami and have it done here, in that case call me I will help you out.

4. Shuey2k

Shuey2k Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Willi Schumacher
    Martin, the car only has 8,000 miles and they quoted me $6,000 for the replacement. I am still shocked that it has that much wear. Who in Miami would you reccomend?

5. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    The F1 is known to be a "user" of clutch discs.
    8000 is about right if you drive the car hard.
    Sometimes the "wear" reading on the SD2 is incorrect though. At 8000 still a good thing to actually do it.

In Miami I can recommend ANSA Motorsports. The problem is you need to schedule with Alain. For example there is nothing till 2 weeks from now. They are running a race shop and their race cars take priority. They have at least two 360Challenge going to Chin this weekend in Sebring.
    If you are interested PM me and I will send you his phone number.

6. brm

brm Karting

Apr 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bruce R. Morehead
    You can contact Frank Maderi at 727-735-7092, E-mail [email protected]. He is working in West Palm but may be available in the Tampa Bay area by appointment. He has an SD-2 with the latest software.

7. prancin horse

prancin horse Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    chris
    F1 imports and exotics in Naples. Eric is the owner.