ECU upgrade | FerrariChat

ECU upgrade

Discussion in '360/430' started by hotcello, Nov 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
  2. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    There is a great thread concerning Eurotek. Use the Search function. Eurotek never could get a dyno up on the site after promising to. I would never buy from them because they are not willing to stand behind their product and post a dyno. I was very disappointed after reading the thread with a number of Ferrari owners asking them repeatedly to post the dyno they had promised.

3. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks, will do.

I guess what I am asking is that if I want to get some more power out of my 360 without going the turbo or supercharge, what company do you guys recommand tuning of the ECU is the best for 360s.

I had the chance of driving my 360 for the first time, (the car is waiting to be shipped from North Cal to New York) I was so anxious to drive the car that I took a weekend trip with my wife just to visit the car.
    I have to say that it can use a little more power and the F1 shifting can be a bid faster as well, I am so use to driving my 02 M3 that the SMG shift is much faster. I guess to solve my complaint is to get a 430:)

4. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    Every true, hard core SF mechanic will tell you NOT to mess with the ECU.
    If you want a bit more power and overall throttle response, without the big $$, send me a private message.

5. CAPRISTO EGOISTE

Oct 25, 2007
    Istanbul
    Full Name:
    CAPRISTO EGOISTE
    Normally I don't recommend ECU tuning, but if you are insisted on doing it I prefer Novitec and Hamann

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    dont do it.
    eurotek never backed up their claim with dynos (before & after)

7. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    +1

Only company i use is http://www.powerchipgroup.com/index.asp.
    I have not used them on a Ferrari, but have had great success with them on Porsche, and Mercedes, I dont see why there product would be different on a Ferrari, but check them out, and call them see what you think

8. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks guys, I guess I will wait a while and see what some of you out there have done and recommand.
    I had my M3 tuned by Active Auto and they did a great job with it.
    Anyway to make the F1 shift a bid faster?

9. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Try DMS Automotive in the UK. I've done quite a few 360's 430's and even the 599 locally. Clients have been very happy with it and no issues at all. Unfortunately i don't have any Dyno sheets either as my clients here in HK have not bothered to do so after the program. Give them a call, the spec on the 360 is a 40hp increase but more importantly the F1 shifts feel a lot smoother afterwards.