Hong Kong Ferrari Club meets | FerrariChat

Hong Kong Ferrari Club meets

Discussion in 'Asia' started by mrhonest, Oct 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrhonest

mrhonest Rookie

Oct 25, 2005
    Washington DC
    I will be visiting Hong Kong in December this year. Just wondering if there are any regular Ferrari Club meets in HK, would love to take some pics and hang out with the locals. I have never been to HK before.

2. Langers

Langers Karting

Apr 13, 2005
    The F-Club seems to be a little dormant at the moment. Sunday Morning Drives are also quiet in the wake of the incident a month or so ago.

3. mrhonest

mrhonest Rookie

Oct 25, 2005
    Washington DC
    What incident?

4. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    ??? Ferrari Owners Club events completely unaffected by the accidents. Sunday morning drive groups are ad hoc friends not FOC. There is no FOC event for you to hang out at in December. Maybe one of the Fchatters who does Sunday morning drives can give you a lead. I am not interested at all in that scene so I cannot help

5. Langers

Langers Karting

Apr 13, 2005
    Aware of that. What I was trying to say is that given the number of F-Cars per capita in HK, there seems to be VERY few FOC events. Quite a shame really :(

6. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Not true. There are many FOC events but only a small number of FOC members consistently participate and they tend to be the China drive group. There are not many polish and stand around events

7. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I'd definitely agree on the lack of polish and stand type events. All we did when I met an FChatter in Hong Kong was drive, drive and drive some more! Lots of stunning cars like an F50 and a then newly launched F430 been driven quick and by enthusiasts! I have been to events all over the world fortunately for me and the HK event still stands out for me for the driving and level of the cars on show for 7am on a Sunday!

8. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Glad you were able to have some fun during your visit. Sunday morning drives are becoming more and more difficult with lasers and motivated police