Nov. 4th (Sunday) "Ferrari Drive" in Atlanta | FerrariChat

Nov. 4th (Sunday) "Ferrari Drive" in Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by sly003, Nov 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sly003

sly003 Rookie

Nov 6, 2007
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Crystal
    Hi!

Forgive me for asking, I was wondering if there were any members of "FerrariChat" that participated in a drive through Atlanta with a group of other "Ferrari owners" Sunday (Nov. 4).

I'm just trying to locate those whom I met that day. (I was the passenger in my friend's Ferrari who participated in Sunday's Atlanta drive)

Just curious! Here's to hoping to relocate those "Atlanta Ferrari owner's" to which I had the pleasure of meeting.........

Cheers!

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I went on one of those a few years ago. The jumping-off point was the "country store" at the corner of Mt Paran Rd and Northside Drive. It started at around 1 PM, I recall.

3. sly003

sly003 Rookie

Nov 6, 2007
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Crystal
    You're absolutely right, the jumping off point was at a"country store". (I just moved to Atlanta 6 months ago, so my sense of direction and locations are still foreign to me.)

I was hoping to touch base with those whom I met that day. (Tom was the only guy my friend knew who invited him to join the drive. His plate's said "TOMSFRE") There was a gentleman in the group who drove a red 1960+ Ferrari convertible, which he was still working the kinks out of. (I'm not very knowledgeable in Ferrari's so I don't know the exact year of his Ferrari, but I do remember it being in the 1960's)

Anyway, I had a great time with everyone, and was stupid to not have left my contact info. So I thought I might put out an "apb" and hopefully someone will know one of the guys who went on the drive that day. (It's a small world so I'm hoping my chances are good..) =)

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post! =)

4. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Tom is registered here. He's a great guy - he gave me my first Ferrari ride a few weeks ago.

5. sly003

sly003 Rookie

Nov 6, 2007
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Crystal
    Hoorah! Thank you for letting me know about Tom being a member of this site! You're right, Tom is a great guy. (He laughed at my jokes, so that definitely says something!) LOL!

Thank you again!

Cheers!

6. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Sounds like a lot of fun....wish I'd known about it. If it happens again, please let us all know or at least send me a PM.

7. Lumberman

Lumberman Karting

Jun 24, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will
    #7 Lumberman, Nov 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Looks absolutely fantastic. Buckhead location is easy to get to as well.

9. Vintage Racer

Vintage Racer Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    15 Year member in GA
    Full Name:
    Doc
    When is the next one?

Wow. I worked at that store after school when I went to the local high school. The pay was bad, but the cute girls that came by made it worth it.

10. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Any local Ferrari owner who is interested in knowing where we will be driving next, PM me. I will send the details privately. Please do not post the details publicly. This is not to exclude anyone, but rather for reasons which I hope are obvious. I will gladly PM anyone who PMs me.

I actually may not be driving next time. My 360 may be gone soon and may be replaced with something else shortly thereafter...

<standarddisclaimer>
    Also note that I am not organizing or planning anything. I am merely informing others of a time and place where I will be. The decision to follow or not is your own decision. ;)
    </standarddisclaimer>

11. mikegt

mikegt Karting

Apr 4, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mike Gilfillan
    Crystal,

Check your Private Messages for my contact info. Hopefully you guys can join us again for another drive (after Thanksgiving for me)

- mike

12. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Please send me a PM when the next date is set.

13. atlSPOTTER

atlSPOTTER Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    i tried sending you a pm about the next ferrari drive, please send me the info of the next drive.

14. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Anyone up for this next weekend, i.e. 10 days after Turkey day?

15. sly003

sly003 Rookie

Nov 6, 2007
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Crystal
    I'm up for it! I won't be leaving for Las Vegas till the following week, so that's perfect! I'll PM Tom(Atl) to get the 411.

16. Lumberman

Lumberman Karting

Jun 24, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will
    I'm out of town.