MAF Part No. for a 1995 355 | FerrariChat

MAF Part No. for a 1995 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by vvassallo, Nov 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Hey, I am trying to correlate the part numbers for the single year, Motronic 2.7 OBD I 355 Mass Air Flow Sensors. This year had the dual MAFs, like the 2.7 Motronic 348's before them. They appear to be the same parts, but can anyone confirm this by getting the part number off the actual MAF? From 1996 on, the intake featured a single MAF and M5.1. FYI, the 348 M2.7 MAF part number is 0280212018. I believe that the M2.5 348's used the same part, but it doesn't matter as much as the 355 info.

Thanks for the help. :)

2. CCentore

CCentore Rookie

Sep 16, 2004
    Concord, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie C
    Hi Vince,

I have an early 355 and the numbers on the meters are a little different that the one you mentioned.

I have 0280213012 on both sides. This car was actually built in late 94 and had these replaced as the originals were giving false readings to the ECU, cal for fuel when it really did not need it. Change made all teh difference in the world, no more lights and the car runs like new again..
    Good luck ..

Chas..

3. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
  4. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    I can tell you that the units are the same for a '95 355 and a 512TR. The original air flow meters with the adjustment screw are now replaced with a non-adjustable one which is probably the 012 number. (I'm at home and don't have these #'s handy) I was unable to find these in the aftermarket and had to get them from Ferrari.

5. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
  6. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Cool, thanks. BTW, that part is the Volvo replacement for a 960/760/850? turbo? I have been trying to source an inexpensive MAF replacement as part of my upgrade program for the 348. I was going to use the Ferrari 355 part, but it seems that CCentore has had his replaced with one of the parts I was looking at.

Interesting note about the Volvo part, ND. The Volvo pieces are about the same as ours, as far as I can tell, except for the engine management system, which is LH4. Means very little to me and I was trying to keep to 2.7 parts - very few suitable replacements here - hence I thought of using the 1995, (OBD I only) 355 part. BTW, our parts are 65mm inside diameter, so I am looking for a slightly larger part - 75mm or so. I have not yet measured the ID of the Volvo part. I got to get down to Volvo and see if they have one.

This item, the MAF is just a part of the program I am considering to wring more power out of our cars. More posted as we progress.

Still, anyone with a 1995 355 with the original MAF installed? I'd still like to have that part number. :)