Tubi NGT - tightening of bolts - need help on where they are located | FerrariChat

Tubi NGT - tightening of bolts - need help on where they are located

Discussion in '360/430' started by RobertM, Nov 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    my 2002 360 spider has a Tubi NGT exhaust with hyper-flow and then installed fat ass tips. Well last weekend we went for a drive and a buddy called me and told me that the passenger exhaust tip is viberating more than the drivers side.

I noticed that the bolt behind the muffler was loose on the passenger side. Tightened it and also added lock washer. So now that is tight. BUT when you shake it, you hear a rattling sound.

I am guessing that it is from the bracket. I just called Tubi and they really could not help me. CAN someone please walk me through how to tighten the bolts.

2. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    Tubi sent me the photo's. BUT now here is the issue.

When you tighten the bolt it gets very very tight - BUT you can still move it back and forth and the bolt will free spin. What the heck ???

About month after the tubi was installed the exhaust tips were not even, so when I brought it back, they told me I needed a new bracket and they would order one from tubi. Well months and months have passed and I just started to notice it again with the vibration, the exhaust bolts are tight - clueless in south fla.

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If the bolt gets very very tight, how can it free spin?
    Try to post some pictures.

4. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    GREAT question, it has me and several others stumped. I went and got one size smaller in diameter for the bolts and will try again this evening. Maybe the bolt is at an angle, really can not explain it.

In regards to photo's you really can not see anything. You have to install the bolts, etc. blind, only your hands will fit, and that is a task in itself.

5. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Check to make sure the exhaust is sitting properly on the bracket. Then, you'll need the spacer/washers to take up the extra space on the smooth part of the bolt.

6. Ducati

Ducati Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I had the same problem with the Tubi clamps. The threads are made of stainless steel and actually start to gaul (sp?) and bind up without tightening. I then loosened them and brushed the threads. Next use a heat rated anti seize. I used a product called Copaslip. Then retighten. One of my clamps was gauled so bad that I had to replace it. The stainless material is soft and will also strip if it gets too damaged. I advised Tubi at the time.

But I do like the NGT it is a great sound. It brings a smile to your face every time you start it up!!! :))