PPIs on 360s | FerrariChat

PPIs on 360s

Discussion in '360/430' started by mrpcar, Nov 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I have heard so far from one indepedent, one authorized dealer that you don't really compression test an used 360 anymore during PPI. More of a visual look over, that's all. They would still compression test the 355s, but not the 360s.

What kind of PPIs have recently 360 owners received on the car?

TIA

2. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    This would be a good question for Norwoods. Give them a call; certainly James or Mike could let you know.
    I'd be surprised if he couldn't compression test it.
    Maybe they can get info from the diagnostics system that would make a compression test unnecessary?

3. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    i just bought a 360 and had a compression & leak down test done. they usually don't require them because they very rarely have a problem but i figured why not, it's only a couple hundred to insure that you won't be buying a headcase

4. Camdon53

Camdon53 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Ditto Lizard1. When I bought my ’02 I had the compression checked as well. If anything unusual showed up (which it didn’t), it would have gotten a full leakdown test too. The 360 engine has a stellar reputation and I’ve never heard of someone getting bad results from a compression test, but I’m sure it’s happened. While it probably isn’t absolutely necessary, I say get it tested just to be sure.

5. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    That's what the Ferrari dealer said, that they never had a bad compression with a 360. But with a 355 that's a different story, they compression test every car.