Chrome Testarossa Wheels? | FerrariChat

Chrome Testarossa Wheels?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Hawaii, Nov 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    I have a set of Chrome 5 lug (1990) 5 star factory Testarossa wheels and chrome lug nuts. So they look just like stock but chromed. They also have new tires mounted. What are they worth?????

2. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    Come on...don't be shy. I have not a clue what they are worth!
    Chrome wheels off a 90 Ferrari Testarossa and brand new BF Goodrich tires. Chrome Lug nuts and center Ferrari cap included.
    8x16 fronts 225/50ZR/16 and 10x16 rears 255/50ZR/16
    Thanks for the input.

3. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    Are you serious? They came with the car I bought from Ferrari of New England. Is there only "One" set of these Chrome Wheels in the world? HHmmm maybe they are woth more then? Give me some details on what happened to the stolen set.

4. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    #4 Hawaii, Nov 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    The sad part is that there is no other F model that can use 5-lug TR wheels (where "use" means "easy to install and asthetically an improvement"). IMO, you'd be lucky to get $1000 for a stock 16" 5-lug TR wheel set without tires (I even passed on a set for $500), and, for me, the chrome isn't an improvement (although maybe it's best with black coachwork). Sorry to be quasi-negative, but that's just based on my observations/opinion (e.g., not many want bling to start with, and someone looking for bling wants "fresh" and 19" diameter too, so no buyers for the older 16").

For the lug bolts, I'd set a price ~3/4 of new if in good shape and ~1/2 new if some chipping.

Hopefully, I'm wrong. I'm sure the price of a new set from an F supplier would be insane, but unless you are willing to wait for a buyer who needs them (as they are), not much demand.