The CS is history, entre SCUDERIA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The CS is history, entre SCUDERIA

Discussion in '360/430' started by Finitele, Nov 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    I agree the 430S will be great on the track. But with a CS already filling my quota for a 'raw' ferrari, I can't get that hyped for the supposed 'value added' I'd get with a 430S > 360CS. Oh, and then there's that pesky reality called a 'budget constraint' ... "Excuse me, $175K trade in for my CS towards $300K for a 430S?" On the other hand, all I have to do is stand beside a Carerra GT and I begin shaking and salivating like a crazy man. In a highly spirited drive up a mountain with long stretches and hairpin turns, my CS was humbled by the thunder of a CGT overtaking me. And when a race car driver took me for a 'spin' in a CGT on a short track with twisties galore, I just held on, stomach lurching, as if in a space age roller coaster. I'm with your brother, what a car!!!!!!!!!!

2. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Why is it that with each new model coming out, there's always a handful of guys proclaiming how the older model has something that the newer model just doesn't quite have? They'll call it soul, spirit, passion, feel, etc....whatever.

I remember standing next to some guy explaining why my (now long since sold) 355 was more of a "real & authentic" Ferrari then the 360. The owner of the 360 apparently heard me but didn't say anything. Only a few weeks later I was laughing with that same 360 owner after I bought my 360.

So let's see....it's got more power, moves quicker, handles better, has improved technology....nahhhh; who would want that??? They're gonna make more of 'em then the CS too....it's almost as if they're in the business of selling cars for profit or to support their F1 team, sheesh!~

Come on guys....it's the new jewelry on the sales block; love it for what it is, appreciate what you have and move on. Ownership has a way of changing ones perspective....I wouldnt' bump that thing out of my garage! ;)

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    So, what you're saying is that the outdated models won't become pumpkins at midnight? ;)

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    LMAO! That's great.

5. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Nahhh.....they just get sent to Italy to be refurbished ;) ;) ;)

6. yellafella

yellafella Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    out of the 1500 Australia are only getting about 50 Scuds in Total.

7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    That's one for each Aussie F Car owner plus a few left over for the 'roos :)

8. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #34 Tipo815, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. yellafella

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Gee, looks like a red 360 to me.

10. yellafella

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #36 yellafella, Nov 16, 2007
    This IS a thing of beauty! My Australian 355 CH ( and we get to drive them on the roads all day )
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The CS's curves are much more appealing to me. In my opinion, it is the most beautiful modern Ferrari. I never took a liking to the 355.

12. brainbizz

brainbizz Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    OK
    ....Yawn....

13. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Hmmm.....battle lines are drawn!!! Why???

Well, they shouldnt be.

I dont think there is any question that the new Scuderia will have more performance and techno goodies than the Stradale (Hell...it should, its a car that is 4 years newer, tough sell not to be more of a car). The point being from original "Poser" the CS is now old news!! defintely not the case. Each person lucky enough to own either car should pinch him self every time he gets into either car, each owner makes a well thought out decision when deciding to buy a car. I do feel when one looks at the "price of admission" CS looks like the hands down winner (For now).

Remebering when the CS came out, flippers were getting 10k over MSRP, the talk of the Scud being in the 75k-100k range over is ridiculous, hence the bounce on Stradale value (and it is value).

Just my .02

14. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Yawn......it's contagious

15. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #41 Jack(LA), Nov 16, 2007
    Mark,

I agree ....well said. This seems to always happen when the new, improved model comes out. ;) Appears to be the inability of people to get the new model that fuels their nostalgia. IMHO, no F-car is worth a premium over MSRP...question is whether the Scud is value at MSRP?

Loved my CS...still like them.... but no doubt my F430 was a faster, improved (dare I say it) better car than my CS. Life is too short to be a hater -- I love all F-cars. :D

Isn't it great to have choices.......

16. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    They'll just be sent to the Ferrari Dealer for belt changes ... The Scuderia wil NEVER need a belt change because of superior design

17. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    :D +1000 :D

18. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Hmmm.........that CS looks vaguely familiar. ;)

19. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Scuderia, but in my mind, the CS will always be the one.

20. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Guys, the CS is obviously a fantastic car! No questions there. However, the Scuderia is definitely a 'better' car overall IMO. Perhaps not in the looks department but they've improved upon performance and drivability, or so I've read/heard, that you really cannot compare the two. I mean, this car (the Scud) is supposed to go around tracks as fast as an Enzo; a car that is six, repeat SIX, times as expensive as the CS! A remarkable feat by Ferrari IMO. Anyhow, if the two were being sold at similar prices, the Scud would be the obvious choice given the more modern technology, performance, and overall package. However, the question is whether the Scuderia is worth as much as a CGT to which I would say HELL NO! Now that would be a real comparison; both price-wise and performance-wise. :)

21. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Good post. But so is the state of the website where the majority of the experts are kids with digi cams and 308 owners. I like the new car.

22. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Car Magazine has an interesting comment about the Scuderia:

...Fans of the old Stradale are going to feel right at home here. But so should those who might run a mile in terror when subjected to the shriek of the old CS at full gallop. Gut feeling: though nobody will admit it outright, I'm getting vibes from Ferrari's PR department and Carlo Della Casa, the man in charge of eight-cylinder car development, that the Stradale was just a bit too hardcore for some customers. The Scuderia, though hardly soft - CS ingredients are all present and more besides - is meant to be fun for all: safe for novices but still rewarding for those who really know how to pedal...

BTW, I disagree that some people are nostalgic because they can't get the new car. I know many people where money is not an object, and they still prefer the older "raw" cars. Often people are confused when the same person buys the oldest house on the street with many new ones available. It's just about the "charm". Check the garages of some very wealthy people (e.g., Jay Leno). There's usually more older cars than new!

23. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles

Charm...smarm...anybody can get a CS...:) Just kidding!

Bill, I need to talk to you -- please call me, I can't find your number.

24. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Ha! Hey, PM me your phone #. I'm just as absent-minded as you... at least I have an excuse!