The CS is history, entre SCUDERIA | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The CS is history, entre SCUDERIA

Discussion in '360/430' started by Finitele, Nov 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Done ....and you have the most valid excuse. ;)

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    That is the "real" comparison........not whether the Scud is better then the Strad. Of course it is............duh. Thats why the initial "comment" is so naiive........for lack of a better word ;). Now whether its better then the CGT???

3. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    I have both.

The CS is raw to the core. The CGT is a refined monster with over-the-top engineering. The CS is "passion" and the CGT is "function"
    FWIW, I get more looks in the CS (which is disturbing based on the actual cost difference between the two cars)

S

4. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    What's funny is that this argument will resurface with the appearance of the next eight-cylinder Ferrari "special edition", and the place now occupied by the Challenge Stradale will belong to the Scuderia.

From a non-driven perspective: the CS has a little more of a raw "feeling" about it, which I think is a special combination of the simplicity of the aesthetics and the engine: a flowing body and a motor that screams bloody hell. The Scuderia has a less intimidating engine (although clearly better for the numbers) and has an even less pretty body. It is, however, undeniably faster in every way.

But I could also use a similar comparison between the 355 and 360. The 355 was rawer, had more "emotion", etc. With each succeeding V8 Ferrari, there seems to be something "lost" in the filter of new design. But look at the ones that are saying that something is lost: the ones that are familiar with the predecessors. The ones that didn't experience the CS will not have a thinner "filter" with which to compare the Scuderia and will therefore love it. It's a never ending process and will continue with the next model. But in the end, though, it doesn't really matter: there is always a new generation to receive the new car with the same enthusiasm the old generation received the last.

5. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I hope so.....I hope the next 8-cylinder car (we can hope for 10-cylinder too right?) will be a true beauty like the 355 and CS. ;)

6. Accrho

Accrho Karting

Apr 21, 2007
    Not if you had straight pipes on the CGT!

7. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    The Scud isnt the best looking thing to come out of Maranello. But BRAVO!!!!!! Ferrari for putting out yet another spectacular car. Looks are greatly improved over the f430 and apparently so is performance. I'd like to get one, and maybe I will in a few years if I can put the scratch together. The blue metallic is very close to my favourite colour and I even like the stripe. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the final production numbers. I'm deducing from various posts that there will be a two year run and I'm wondering if Maranello wont crank out as many as they can sell in two years. They did with the CS. If so, then the car probably wont be as exclusive as the CS. For the price that the scud will fetch, and with little exclusivity, I'd rather have the LP640 (which price seem to be sliding).

-Peter

8. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    VERY well put!!! ;)

9. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    How many per year?

10. MontrealCSfan

MontrealCSfan Karting

May 31, 2007
    Montreal, Canada

+1

11. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    So I was told there would be a total of 200 430 Scuds for the U.S.? Or North America inc Canada? Are those numbers right?

The is no doubt it's a better car...it has to be. Worth almost twice the price if you pay premium? No way. The CS will be light and a bit "twitchy" but tat's what I like about it. It's the same reason I don't drive an all-wheel-drive car.

But....due to computers...many glitches that used to be found and fixed after they showed up in owners hands have been found before the car was ever built. And it will continue that way. It's hard to predict what will be collectible. But there isn't a show I go to that I don't get at least one note under my windshield wiper asking if I want to sell my CS. But man...I love ny 430 but think the CS will go to the grave with me.

12. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    We may never know the "right number" even years from now. I have a "US version" Challenge Stradale number from the factory of 353, but the total world-wide production has been rumored to be as low as 852 to well over 1200. Some of the US news articles on the 430 Scuderia have stated 250 cars for North America next year........source unknown.

13. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Where did you hear 852?

14. 720EC

720EC Karting

Dec 24, 2004
    New York & OC
    Full Name:
    Scuderia
    This was my cs that I picked up from fcnj, I believe I took this picture too.

15. marakji

marakji Karting

Aug 19, 2007
    while i do have a Scuderia on order, I surely wouldn't trade in a CS and drop an extra $100-$150k to get it! unless having "the latest" in your garage is your thing... (assuming the CS i already own is in mint condition, and in the colors I like!)

16. 720EC

720EC Karting

Dec 24, 2004
    New York & OC
    Full Name:
    Scuderia
    I loved my cs but I couldn't stand being "destroyed" on the road by 911's, z06's and the likes. The car sounded alot faster than it really is.
    At least with the 430 (and coming scuderia) you stand a better chance imho.

17. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    +1

18. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i haven't posted in a while, but when i saw the comments by "720EC" i thought i'd better say something in case someone might be confused by "720" and "720EC" :) i wouldn't trade my stradales for scuderias. period. sure, the scuderia is a fantastic car, but IMHO it just doesn't have the same "appeal" as the stradale.

19. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Yes, but the CS has a Ferrari engine, the Scud has a rewerked Maserati plat.

;)

20. 720EC

720EC Karting

Dec 24, 2004
    New York & OC
    Full Name:
    Scuderia
    A little egotistical aren't we? I didn't know you live in New York.

21. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    ego is my middle name :)

since you don't have a stradale i won't take your anti-stradale comments too seriously. but i was happy to hear that at least you think stradales sound fast.

22. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Well said Rick, and me either FWIW. I saw the Scuderia in Marenallo a few weeks ago, and it was nice, but for the most part it still looked like a 430. I'm sure its a fabulous driving car, but you would have to trade BOTH your stradales for 1 scud, and then some. Not THAT great. Thats not to say in due time I wouldn't want one, but for now I guess I'll leave that to someone else.

23. 720EC

720EC Karting

Dec 24, 2004
    New York & OC
    Full Name:
    Scuderia
    Intelligence obviously isn't, I owned one of the first cs that came to the US. Don't get me wrong I loved the look and sound of the cs better but for pure performance the 430 (and eventual scuderia) is a faster choice.

24. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    what makes you so specil? your just a typical as5hole with lame comments that adds nothin to the convarsation. you says you had a stradale and you desparetly want you're opinion to matter. but it don't. you're profile is lame to. what kind of panty waste lists his ocupation as "being happy". rotflmfao.

25. 720EC

720EC Karting

Dec 24, 2004
    New York & OC
    Full Name:
    Scuderia
    Merry Xmas!