LaneFX | FerrariChat

LaneFX

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rfong, Nov 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rfong

Rfong Karting

Jul 17, 2007
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Ron Fong
    This appears to be a good product to modify Ferrari side mirrors to make them more user friendly.

http://www.lanefx.com/

As you activate the turn signal, your corresponding side mirror moves out to reveal the blind spot. You can set the amount of movement as well as set the speed of the movement. You can also significantly increase the speed of the mirror motion. There is also a function, sold as an option, to tilt either or both side mirrors when you put the car into reverse for curb parallel parking.

Installation requires professional technicians and the cost of the product ranges from $200 to $300, depending on options.

Has anyone tried LaneFX?

2. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    This sounds like a plug!

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1

I doubt many (if any) Ferrari owners are going to modify their mirrors.

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Why not just set your mirror to that position in the first place? I have mine set so there is no blind spot. I can see a car coming up in my rear view and then it transitions into the side view mirror. Pretty simple really!

5. Air_Cooled_Nut

Air_Cooled_Nut Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Toby Erkson
    #5 Air_Cooled_Nut, Nov 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    I always try to go by the KISS principle. Hard to do with modern Fcars, though, but I prefer simple as possible. I'd have manual windows, mirrors, etc. if available in a modern Fcar.

Rick